Beiträge von gromgsxr

I currently have omv4 running exactly how I want I use the Plex add-on and use Nvidia for hardware transcode and know how that works and how to set it up I think it's a bit more complicated to pass through the GPU with docker. I also run filebot that I installed via a Deb file to rename and move files after transmission has finished and again I think it's just going to be a bit harder to run the script that calls filebot from a docker environent. I want to minimise the downtime when migrating from omv 4. I do run a few containers in docker like tvhproxy, homeassistant, zoneminder and nextxloud so I'm not afraid of docker but I think it will be difficult to recreat what I already have easily using docker alone

Say I wanted to run things like Plex and tvheadend on on omv5 would there be any disadvantages of installing them as Debian packages over running them in docker?

Ok so I do I just install mergfs as a package? And the can just manually creat the filesystem in fstab and it will work but I'm assuming I will not be able to edit it in the omv GUI like I could in omv4 with the plugin?

seems a bit odd my phone can hardware decode x265 files has a snapdragon 765g cpu and that will play 40gb + sized 4k blue ray rips happily if they are stored on the internal storage in kodi vlc & mx player if i try to play the same files over wifi they get a bit choppy but that is to be expected.

have you any information about the tablets you are trying to use? as the rk3368 should be able to hardware decode x264 & x265 in the gpu so from usb / sd card you should be absolutely fine

i do mean decode so the device playing the file is decoding the file natively but is using the gpu to do it eg hardware accelerating as opposed to using the cpu to decode the file.

the 3066 is only a dual core and supports h264 decode in gpu

the 3366 is an octo and supports h264+ x265 (hevc) what size were the video files you were trying to play in gb and what format? did you have hardware acceleration options turned on in the video players?

seems a bit odd my phone can hardware decode x265 files has a snapdragon 765g cpu and that will play 40gb + sized 4k blue ray rips happily if they are stored on the internal storage in kodi vlc & mx player if i try to play the same files over wifi they get a bit choppy but that is to be expected.

have you any information about the tablets you are trying to use? as the rk3368 should be able to hardware decode x264 & x265 in the gpu so from usb / sd card you should be absolutely fine

pi as a plex server at home wont be able to transcode to the tablets via the internet not enough cpu power. if it was running in the car and sharing to the tablets via dnla as a local device it would not need to transcode the files. the tablets if they have Rockchip rk3368 cpu should be able to hardware decode most common video codex in the gpu so in theory they should play most video files you are likely to encounter. you could potentially run omv or some other os on a pi acting as a nfs, smb or ftp share to serve video files to the tablets via a wifi network in the car. then use your choice of apps to play it back kodi or vlc for instance

if you run the image in privileged mode with the network set to host, in the volumes and bind's section the host path will be where you want your config files and the container path will be /app/data

and --device=/dev/ttyACM0 bit will go in the extra arguments section you may need to add it like this --device=/dev/ttyACM0:/dev/ttyACM0

i don't actually have the hardware to test it though as i use a xbee as a zigbee device.