Beiträge von TrololoAllTheBugs

I digged a little around trying to find a solution.
    In /etc/avahi/services I (only) found four defined services: afp.service, rsync.service, smb.service and website.service.
    I deleted those files and ran omv-mkconf avahi-daemon. Those four files were created, my web gui still shows all services as unchecked / deactivated for discovery.
    But now I least my afp service is found by my OS X system. (SMB not, despite the fact that the smb service is also running and configured.)
    So, something is working. But I still can't deactivate/active service discovery via web gui.

I'm not really sure how to reset the weg gui, kill the gui's chache are whatever is responsible for that display error.

PS: Meanwhile I updated to 0.5.30.

PPS:
    The rsync.service file looks a little bit odd. I won't file a bug report for that right now because I don't know whether this only applies to my already ... faulty system or is a general bug. Can someone chech his/her rsync.service file and tell me if it looks like this?

XML
    <?xml version="1.0" standalone='no'?>
    <!DOCTYPE service-group SYSTEM "avahi-service.dtd">
    <service-group>
      <name replace-wildcards="yes">%h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync %h - Rsync</name>
      <service>
        <type>_rsync._tcp</type>
        <port>873</port>
      </service>
    </service-group>

I'm sorry Volker, I was too busy to test and check this thread and answer. I'll test it in the next days and report back. I hesitated to update to a newer version because of http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3419. I didn't want to fuck up that particular production server where I stumbled upon that ACL error.

Buuuuuuut now I don't really care anymore. Maybe I'll get the same error as in the aboved mentioned topic but buggy auto discovery won't have a lot of impact.

PS: Yes, it is quite a long list of users/groups but that's because it's not a simple home setup. That specific machine runs in the lab at the company I'm working at.

After upgrading to 0.5 service discovery (SD) GUI controls were moved to System -> Network -> Service Discovery.
    Before upgrade I had SMB and AFP activated for SD. After upgrade, all check boxes are unchecked and when I check one and try to apply the new configuration the following error message appears:

Error #2002:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Invalid method parameter: id does not exist, and it is not an optional property.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc:150
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/zeroconf.inc(109): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->validateMethodParams(Array, '{???? "type":"...')
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceZeroconf->set(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Zeroconf', 'set', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

Right now I couldn't find anything on the forum, maybe one could point me in the right direction? Or is this one new and I should open a bug report?

Hi,

after upgrade to OMV 0.5 users now can't access shares, cifs and nfs.
    Note: I joined OMV to MS Active Directory.
    Domain users group has access to shares and should give users the permission to read and write to the share, which worked with v0.4.

Error setting ACLs in GUI:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; setfacl --remove-all --recursive -m 'default:user:[long user list]' '/media/[uuid]/software//' 2>&1': setfacl: Option -m: Invalid argument near character 2861

This error did not happen with v0.4 when changing ACLs.

Same error with OMV specific output:

Code
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; setfacl --remove-all --recursive -m 'default:user:[long user list]' '/media/[uuid]/software//' 2>&1': setfacl: Option -m: Invalid argument near character 2861' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:1007
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->setFileACL(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('setFileACL', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('ShareMgmt', 'setFileACL', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

Output of getfacl on a share directory:

Code
    # file: software/
    # owner: root
    # group: users
    user::rwx
    group::rwx
    group:domänen-benutzer:rwx
    mask::rwx
    other::---

HP P410 are working very well with HP Microservers (go figure).
    Make sure to use the latest Firmware (v6.00 atm).
    You can grab some on Ebay kind of cheap (>150€).

Without some addon license it can't do Raid6. If you'd grab the correct LSI (or rebranded LSI and flash it with LSI firmware) controller you can get Raid6 without a hassle.
    I am not sure about compatibility of LSI controllers and HP servers, but I can look into it. If you are interested I can provide you with some good sources about LSI controllers, corresponding OEM (rebranded) controllers and whatnot.

For your use case: Raid5 is more than sufficient. Raid6 the next best option.

Deciding about a raid level isn't that hard. Take three points into consideration: cost effectiveness (money/amount of storage), reliability, performance.
    You clearly do not need much performance, but the other two (because it's a backup system). So you have to decide between Raid5 and 6. Then chose whats more important to you: reliability or cost effectiveness.

Edit: Totally necroed that thread. Fuck me.

Will 0.4.3 also fix my login problems? Searching for my problem I found out for some people this problem already occured 2011. (Unfortunately I can't post a link, because my message will be marked as spam ...)
    Haven't found a solution yet. Looking at all my log files, I can't find any indications for the reason for all of this, too. It's definitely no file permission or ACL problem.

My issue after updating is that I can log in via guest account but not with a normal account anymore.

Code
    Feb 11 08:22:14 psfs02 afpd[12483]: AFP logout by $user
    Feb 11 08:22:14 psfs02 afpd[12483]: dsi_stream_read: len:0, unexpected EOF
    Feb 11 08:22:14 psfs02 afpd[12483]: afp_over_dsi: client logged out, terminating DSI session
    Feb 11 08:22:14 psfs02 afpd[12483]: AFP statistics: 0.59 KB read, 0.44 KB written
    Feb 11 08:22:17 psfs02 afpd[12696]: AFP3.3 Login by $user

In Finder my fileserver shows up with possible available AFP and SMB/CIFS shares. After clicking on "$fileserver-name - AFP" it says "connection failed".
    The first four lines appear in /var/log/syslog when using "connect as" option. The last line after acknowledging the login parameters (username, password).
    SMB/CIFS is working fine.

I have to add something to my problem.
    (I guess) because these shared folders couldn't be deleted via web GUI and are still showing up, OMV adds my deleted filesystem (which was on my deleted dm-raid) _after_ startup to /etc/fstab.
    This means, I have to edit /etc/fstab everytime before I reboot, because on boot, at least when fsck runs, the system halts and waits for input. (fsck dies with error 8 because it can't find this deleted device, which still shows up in fstab)

AND I can't recreate my old shared folders (meaning: with the same name) because the old are still there.

I really would like to know where I can delete those shared folder references.

I unterstand those security thoughts. Thing is, there are no SMB/CIFS or FTP shares anymore. I cleaned everything up. But I can't delete shared folders anyhow. So, how to proceed?

I just killed one of my raids holding these "bothersome" shared folders. The GUI still thinks they are there and in use.

Hi,

I have the same problem as someone on the old forum: http://sourceforge.net/apps/ph…t/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=705
    I started digging into /var/www/openmediavault/module/sharemgmt.inc for unterstanding the process of creating and deleting these shared folders.

My problem is: these folders do exist. But I want to delete them, because I have to change my raid configuration. These shares lay on /media/whatever and I can't delete the filesystem or the raid via GUI while these shares exist (well, I guess that's the reason).

Nobody is accessing these shares. But they are marked as "used" in the web GUI. Before I start investing a lot more time to understand where OMV stores those "used" informations - can somebody help me? Where can I change these parameters using the shell?

For now I can delete and recreate my RAID using the shell. I don't know what will happen with those share entries in the web GUI. I hope some magic will happen and they disappear.

(A reboot of OMV didn't resolv the "share is used" issue.)