Beiträge von irishbitte

Hi,

I have not succeeded in successfully integrating the LDAP plugin for my needs. We have settled on a poor system of not changing passwords regularly for the short term. In the mid to long term, I plan to create a Windows domain to manage credentials. I'm not sure if OMV will be the solution for NAS needs at that stage. Apologies I cannot help further.

Hi subzero79,

Thanks for your reply. I follow and understand that the modifications made would be erased on upgrade. I've taken a look at the 'New wiki' link in your signature, but respectfully it seems to be more of a brochure than an instruction booklet / howto. Do you mean a different wiki?

Thanks again for your help!

Just an update for anyone who is following: I've found that editing this file (reference)

Code
    /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/samba.d/15ldap

allows me to change settings in the LDAP section of smb.conf. This is useful, since it has allowed me to try different values of the

Code
    ldap ssl =

setting that I referred to earlier. This hasn't allowed the samba service to be enabled, yet, but it is an advance on where I was earlier.

Would still appreciate any input anyone can offer!

Hi everyone,

First time posting, but have been reading plenty of your posts! I'm setting up Samba with LDAP using jumpcloud's directory as a service. Jumpcloud will only work with either SSL or TLS enabled in Samba. When I enable Samba with the LDAP backend I'm getting an error:

Leading me to look at the output from systemctl status:

and journalctl (key lines only):

I also had a look at the smb.conf file once I had attempted to enable Samba with LDAP:

I think the key line in this is

Code
    ldap ssl = no

I cannot edit this in smb.conf since the file gets overwritten and there is no option for changing this to

Code
    ldap ssl = start_tls

in the Samba settings page. FYI, LDAP is working and populating the users page in the webgui, and also returning users correctly using getent passwd.

Anybody got any thoughts?

Thanks for any help!