Beiträge von BTech

Adoby - thank you! Yep that was it. I totally didn't know oDroid XU4 was 32-bit instead of 64-bit. Not that it matters overall, I suppose. But I was loading the 64-bit ARM version in Docker as opposed to 32-bit. WHY the Docker "automatic" mode didn't pick 32-bit, I don't know. But after making that change, it fired right up and my oDroid is happily contributing to finding E.T. :D

Hi everyone - Adamradocz - you said your Docker image was merged with the BOINC repository - I looked on the linked site but, how does one configure it (on a noob level?) under OMV? What options do I put where, etc? I got pretty close, as I posted in a different thread, but it keeps restarting on its own and kicking out an "exec" error in the logs. I am sure I missed something on my end. Thanks for any suggestions and fixes! Have a great day!

Hi everyone - WarHawk8080 it looks like you are running it native as opposed to under Docker, I have an oDroid XU4 and it is running OMV v4(.x) but I am having a whale of a time translating "raw" Docker config into OMV Docker? TechnoDadLife, I've watched all your tutorials on pretty much every OMV Docker thing you've done but I can't get this one to stick. Any ideas, ladies and gents? Thanks so much

Hi everyone -

Prrrrobbbably a simple answer but I am having trouble installing BOINC under Docker in OMV.

I keep getting 'standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error"' when I run the Docker, and it constantly restarts.

Using this link https://hub.docker.com/r/boinc…-savvy-boinc-client-usage
    which seems to say you would use the following docker commands (in a non-OMV environment):

docker run -d \
    --name boinc \
    --net=host \
    --pid=host \
    -v /opt/appdata/boinc:/var/lib/boinc \
    -e BOINC_GUI_RPC_PASSWORD="123" \
    -e BOINC_CMD_LINE_OPTIONS="--allow_remote_gui_rpc" \
    boinc/client:arm64v8

A few questions though--
    1.Name, net are straightforward (blank space to type name, and dropdown for Net)
    2.PID? Where do I put that in, and what do I use? Is that PGID?
    3.The -v line, do those contents go on the left and right columns in the Volume section of OMV Docker?
    4The BOINC_GUI and BOINC_CMD_LINE lines are already filled in by the OMV Docker container
    boinc/client, do I put that into the "tags" section of my Pull request?

?(

Thanks for any info, I am looking forward to getting this working as my OMV server is on 24x7 and if I can help out the SETI community by contributing processing cycles, happy to do so.

Have a great day!

Hi everyone - So I decided to run the OMV Admin webpage "Update Management" section today, and ran into an issue with containerd.io. It gives me a 404 error, refuses to update just that entry.

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; apt-get --yes --allow-downgrades --allow-change-held-packages --download-only --reinstall install 'containerd.io' 2>&1' with exit code '100': Reading package lists...Building dependency tree...Reading state information...The following packages will be upgraded: containerd.io1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.Need to get 14.2 MB of archives.After this operation, 4992 kB of additional disk space will be used.Err:1 https://download.docker.com/linux/debian stretch/stable armhf containerd.io armhf 1.2.10-2 404 Not FoundE: Failed to fetch https://download.docker.com/li…erd.io_1.2.10-2_armhf.deb 404 Not FoundE: Some files failed to download

I thought perhaps it was just a temporary thing for a day or so, but I've been trying for about four days now. Is it something on my end here (oDroid XU4, OMV 4 current except for containerd.io)? Docker works fine (I'm using the oDroid as a Plex server), and otherwise things are fast and stable. If containerd.io is not important to be updated, how do I exclude it from the update list?

Thanks!

Hi everyone - So this is the basic issue I'm having. My searching has come up semi-empty. I am trying to use SFTP (though FTP would be fine also, I can't seem to get it to work, just SFTP, but that's probably another issue for another thread) via FileZilla Windows client and something is speed-capping each individual thread, upload and download.

Every file I upload, is speed-capped at 150kB/sec. Every file I download, is also speed-capped at 150kB/sec. Interesting bit is, EVERY file is speed-capped that way. That is to say if I upload 5 files simultaneously, each one only goes at 150kB/sec, together (150x5=750kB/sec) so I am guessing it's a setting in OMV somewhere, potentially? I believe I have port-forwarded things properly but if someone can point to a refresher, that would be great.

A previous install of OMV used on the same hardware and same network setup, used to run at full speed (25 megabits upload), but I'm not sure what the difference is in this installation. The SD card for the previous install became corrupted so I can't go back to it again, but I also don't remember what adjustments I made .. facepalm ..

Thank you guys and gals.

Hi everyone -

So I am doing a massive restore of one drive to another via rSync. 4 terabytes of movie files, ISOs of installs, basically the whole archive of my home existence, including backups of my Windows machine.
    There is no time-remaining estimate that I can find (or can someone point me to a command that would guesstimate that in an rSync?), but I am guessing at 70 megabytes a second it will probably take a day or so?

I would like to look in on the process from time to time. I can use the command "tail -f /var/log/rsync.log" via SSH to view the progress off-site.
    If however I close the web browser window where I initiated the rSync, the process will keep going until it is done, but without as much detail as the web interface (megs per second, percentage progress per file, etc).
    Just a dull list AFTER the file is done transferring. I understand why, but I would prefer the detailed output simply because I am trying to troubleshoot if an older Western Digital drive is getting "stuck" while rSync'ing.

Is this possible via a command line log check somewhere? Or is the detailed logging only done on the web interface?
    Also, maybe if I initiate with SSH (then stop the process when I've seen enough progress, since it will continue where it left off the next time I run rSync) - what is the actual command line command that the web page is initiating to show the extra detail(s)?

I am using the "-v --progress" flag on the web page, if that's helpful. OMV v4.1.7 (Arrakis) running solid on an oDroix XU4.

Thanks very much!

Hi all - Subject sort-of says it all .. for all of my mounted drives, Performance Statistics say "nan B" for the hour, day and week views, but month and year have data and display okay.
    Is there something I can do to trigger proper (re)generation?

I did click Refresh and it updates the month and year graphs, but all others say "nan B."
    Timezone is ok, and no other errors I can see in the logs.
    It's nice to have some info, but if I can get full graphs on each panel that would be even better.

Thanks! :)

Hi everyone - I tried searching around on the forums but couldn't seem to get very far, probably because I'm not sure what to type into the Search field.

TL;DR is I have OMV4 and its installed Plex plugin running okay, but when I try to open a Plex Plugin (Comedy Central, Paramount, BBC, and others) the clip list displays but no clips will play. iPhone Plex client says "Couldn't create the playback session for this item" and my LG-TV Plex client simply says "Error opening [item]." I have a feeling it has something to do with transcoding, but I'm not sure how to give Plex the proper path for a Transcode folder, on my oDroid XU4.

I think I have looked at all the guides I can find, but they basically just explain how to get Plex up and running under OMV4. Technically, the main guts of Plex are working, it plays videos of almost any format, just not anything from the Plugins / Channels. I am not using "unsupported channels" either, these are straight from the Plex Web GUI > Online Content > Install Plugin > BBC (for example). But since it's under OpenMediaVault the Plex support folks say it's an OMV problem.

I have set my region to United States, am not behind a VPN, and have all standard network settings on all the different kinds of devices (iPhone, LG-TV). So it's a server side issue I think. I've tried Direct Play on and off, Direct Stream on and off, different bitrates, different H.264 levels, different Plugins, no change no matter what I've clicked so far. Unless there's a combination I've missed.

I am using the Plex plugin, not the Docker version. Unless that is recommended to try. There were a lot more settings in Docker, some of which were not explained or the guides I found were outdated by a year or so. I did manage to get one instance to work, but it didn't seem to be any more stable or advanced than the Plex plugin. Docker version had the most current Plex Server version, but its playback also didn't work with Channels / Plugins, no matter what I clicked on or off.

Here's one of my settings questions -- In the Plex Web GUI > Settings > Server > Transcoder section, I have a blank line where it says "Temporary directory" whereas on a previous Win10 PC install of the Plex server (non-OMV and about a year ago) I had on that line "C:\Transcode" and I had created a folder on the Win10 C: drive called Transcode. I seem to remember Channels / Plugins working back then, but that was a totally different infrastructure so it's apples and oranges, right?

I think I need to replicate that on the OMV4 Plex setup, but if so, how? To the path "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-8tera/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Transcode" ? If so, how do I give the proper permissions to the Transcode folder buried in the external USB drive called "8tera"?

Any guidance or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

(TL;DR - I seem to have screwed up my network settings on my oDroid OMV, I am out of town but have a friend who can type commands into my local box directly at the house keyboard, how do I reset networking and other parts of OMV / Plex / SSH to factory locally, not using the web GUI which I can't get into, and without reformatting the microSD card? Thank you so much!)

Hi all - So I recently tried to watch a movie via the OMV Plex plugin while I was away from home, and it said I was in "limited bandwidth" mode. It was working fine a few hours earlier, with all ports properly forwarded in my hardware router and no internet speed issues, but now I cannot open the OMV web GUI either 192.0.x or off-site (both of which I was able to do hours ago), cannot SSH into the unit either 192.0.x or off-site, and also cannot access the Plex media server page directly via 192.0.x or off-site.

Yet I CAN "ping" and get an instant response from the OMV server from the local network at my home (with my friend's help at the local keyboard and mouse). However and most oddly, in addition to no remote access, we also have no local PuTTy connectivity or WinSCP access from the PC on the local network (which we had earlier). Connection rejected. Also from the computer on the local network, we cannot access the 192.168.0.x web pages for either Plex server or OMV admin (timeout), or access via SSH or SFTP (denied), whereas we could earlier.

This all started in an attempt to stop a Chinese spam IP address from connecting to my server via SSH, I was working with the "IPTABLES" command and it was suggested I intall "UFW" to try to and block them. That did seem to work, and eventually their SSH protocol port scan stopped, and I was still able to log in and SSH in, but after a reboot things totally stopped working for me as well.

My friend who has physical access to the server in my home, when they power up the unit locally, they can see the local oDroid login screen, we can move around the file system, and the local status screen shows a proper local IP address on the OMV command line interface. Also we can "ping" the unit via my local router and desktop PC. Just no outside network access at all, though all ports are properly forwarded in the router, and it worked a few hours earlier, which leads me to think it's a software / setting issue.

As long as I have remote access here off-site, I can reconfigure everything via web pages and VNC, including adding Samba shares etc via the OMV web portal access. I am not against a total reset of the software, but if we have to reinstall it from scratch onto the microSD card that may be way over my friend's head even with a step-by-step guide.

And there's also the matter that I CAN watch movies and access Plex remotely here, but just with 1 megabit "limited bandwidth" mode which is potato quality audio and video. However just by virtue of the fact that Plex can 'sort-of' log in and work, and play files albeit at a limited A/V quality, says to me that the oDroid OMV Plex is fine but has some admin element that has come undone.

Router has been rebooted and IP forwards have been removed and re-entered manually, no change.

So it looks like what I need to do is reset the firewall config locally there, with my friend's help using local key commands. But what commands should I have them type in to reset the networking (and firewall, I guess) back to factory? In Windows you can "reset the Winsock catalog" and other things like that; I'm looking for the OMV equivalent(s).

Do I also need to uninstall UFW somehow, and what is the way to do that without totally corkscrewing everything further?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi everyone -

So I am starting to delve further into OMV on my oDroid XU4.

I installed the Union Filesystem plugin on v3, and was able to partially create a mount point in the Union Filesystem panel. Consisting of two hfsplus formatted drives (which may be the issue by itself; that's why I'm asking here).

Settings are "defaults,allow_other,direct_io,use_ino," Most free space, 4G minimum.

I am currently in a loop where I receive the following error message:

"Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v '/srv/5594a4d9-32a8-4daf-9d91-f1eee647fffc' 2>&1' with exit code '1': mount: /etc/fstab: parse error: ignore entry at line 10. mount: can't find /srv/5594a4d9-32a8-4daf-9d91-f1eee647fffc in /etc/fstab"

Under File Systems I do see the share I just created but I can't mount it or delete it. If I click "Apply Changes" I get the same error message as above.

The sub-details are as follows:

Error #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v '/srv/94aedf73-4d9c-4db6-a38a-e48613e0c317' 2>&1' with exit code '1': mount: /etc/fstab: parse error: ignore entry at line 10.mount: can't find /srv/94aedf73-4d9c-4db6-a38a-e48613e0c317 in /etc/fstab' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175Stack

trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/union.inc(425): OMV\System\Process->execute()
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc(72): OMV\System\Filesystem\Union->mount()
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleFsTab->startService()
    #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusYs...', '/tmp/bgoutputzR...')
    #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #8 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #9 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #12 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #13 {main}

Did I miss a step or three? I didn't have much luck with finding a tutorial on this either here on the forum or on Google in general.

What I'm basically trying to do is consolidate four small hfsplus volumes into one large one that I can pick and choose things from to put on my ext4 drive, then format all four of the hfsplus drives to (likely) ext4 to have an rSync backup of parts of the large ext4 volume.

Thanks for your guidance and help. Any server / drive etc info you need from me, I'm happy to try to find and send your way. :)