Beiträge von GeeBee

Okay :)

I was playing around a bit, and found the solution that best fits my needs:

I created some ZFS datasets on Proxmox, and configured a network bridge (without briding ports - so like a "virtual network", in my case 192.168.1.0/28) between Proxmox and OMV (with VirtIO NIC). Then I created some NFS Shares on Proxmox and connected to them via RemoteMount Plugin in OMV. Speed is like native (the VirtIO Interface did incredible 35Gbs when I tested it with some iperf Benchmarks), and now I dont need and passthrough. Works like a charme for me :)

Well - i dont know. I was a bit confused, as ZFS used only ~300MB of ram inside the OMV KVM. Anyway I need to agree with you: ZFS is more mature in Proxmox. Did you create a raw disk and assigned it to Openmediavault, or did you do it in a different way (zvol..)?

Thank you!

Sebastian

Ok, that would be an option as well. I already got 4TB of data on the pool. If I would like to do it the way you mentioned I would be forced to create a virtual disk on the zfs pool and move all data from the pool to the virtual disk in the pool, or?

Thank you,
    Sebastian

Hi,

i've switched my server to Proxmox and I'm running OMV as KVM. I did some test's and got ZFS inside the OMV VM working. I assigned my 3x 4TB WD Red Disks to the KVM and imported the pool there (https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Physical_disk_to_kvm). Is this a "good" or a "bad" practice? From what I've saw (only a bit testing) it worked - but is there maybe something I am missing why this is a bad idea or could be?

Thank you!

- Sebastian

I tried it with:

iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o bond0 \ -s 10.8.0.0/24 -j MASQUERADE

But still no success - same error / behaviour. I also searched the plugin repository on GITHUB, but i couldn't find any iptables except of the SNAT rule.

Thank you! :)

Hi,

I just installed the latest Version of OMV 3.x and I am now trying to get VPN working. The service itself works, I can connect to the VPN Server, but I can only connect to the OMV-Machine and nothing else. I cant ping or browse to any other device in the network, and I also can't connect to the Internet through VPN. But connection to the server itself works pretty fine: I can open the OMV WebGUI, I can ssh into the server and so on. I am pretty much out of ideas where the problem could be located, maybe somebody has a idea what could be the problem.

I attached a screenshot of my OpenVPN Configuration and the iptables rules. Adding the extra option and allowing client-to-client communication didn't change anything, I am still only able to connect to the server.

Thank you!!

Sebastian