Beiträge von leuter66

Hello tkaiser, I think you're right.

I tried to check the CPU using $ top while downloading the same file via FTP, HTTP and SCP. This is the result for SCP and FTP.

PIDUSERPRNIVIRTRESSHRS%CPU%MEMTIME+COMMAND
    10991root2001394401357843728R100.06.60:12.53sshd
    10490ftp12001563268004840S0.30.30:00.60proftpd

While downloading by HTTP, I have not found the row in the "top". Do you have any ideas so I can solve it?
    I tried to check it using $ scp -vv but I'm not an expert user, I think it is not recognized "-vv".

Thank you.

Sorry for my late reply.
    I was talking with my servers provider (OVH). They tell me that is a problem with their ARM servers and they will take months to fix it. I have to configure another new server for solve it.
    Thanks to captainwtf and subzero79 for help me.

I do not understand very well your question. But I have tried to download from the var directory and from the root and the same thing happens.
    I have written to OVH to see if you can help me.

I installed Fillezilla and the problem is the same.
    I try FTP access via web browser and try to download a public file using the url (HTTP) is still the same problem.

Thanks captainwtf!

I am using winSCP but I have the same problem downloading from the web browser.

When I move files locally, the speed is correct, and when I send files from my office to the server it is also correct. The problem is only when downloading files.
    I think there must be some configuration parameter that limits the download speed, but I do not know where.

Thanks for your answer captainwtf.
    I connect directly without using VPN or firewall rules.
    The server is in OVH, those are at 250 Mbps bandwidth, and in my office I have 300 Mbps. I do not think it is a problem of the destination, because with other OVH servers it works correctly.
    I would not know how to test the performance on the remote side locally on the device. Sorry, I'm not an advanced user. :/

any idea?

Hi, I have OMV installed on a remote server to make large backups. My problem is that the maximum download speed is 540 kb/s using SCP, FTP or HTTP.
    However I can upload files at more than 3 mb/s is a correct speed for me.
    I have other servers with other systems that allow me to download at much higher speeds, and I have an internet connection for 300 mb/s.

What can be limiting my download speed? ?(

I'm using:
    Debian GNU/Linux 8.10 (jessie)
    openmediavault / 3.0.99 / Erasmus

Thank you very much for your help.