Beiträge von florent

OK, so no worries for omv in virtualization with a RAID soft. However, I imagine that the performance is slightly lower?

It may not be the issue here, but if I use proxmox (for exemple), I guess I'll tear my hair of newbie (french expression) to run a ubuntu guest with running a TV tuner card or lever usb game ... etc ... Maybe I should use virtualbox, even if the level of performance it will be less interesting?

PS: ryecoaaron, do not you have the gift of ubiquity? :)

Hello,

As I plan to buy a new computer, I have a few questions. I want to use openmediavault (essential ;) ), but I would have other uses on my machine (router, xbmc + video games, email, owncloud).
    On my previous server, I could use appliances like my email server and owncloud through virtualbox plugin in openmediavault.
    In my new setup, I'd rather use a host system as ubuntu and use openmediavault like a guest. But I wonder about the reliability of the solution. This configuration does it affect performance? Mounting a RAID through openmediavault is it possible?
    f using openmediavault as guest is possible, what is the best system? Virtualbox? I heard of KVM / QEMU, Proxmox, but these solutions scare me a bit (I'm not at all computer).

Thank you for your answers and welcomes you for your ambitious work.

Florent

Hi ryecoaaron always there for my noob problems ;)

I try to have a better bandwidth for my ethernet card is 100Mbps and it is very slow. In addition, with the mode balance-rr, I do not think taking a big risk, because from what I understood (stop me if I'm wrong), this mode increases the bandwidth and use the other interface if the first fails.

Hello,

I try to put up a bond interface with a Toshiba Satellite A200-2BH.
    I have two network interfaces: Ethernet and Wifi.
    I have informed the wifi settings in the file / etc / network / interfaces:
    auto wlan0
    iface wlan0 inet dhcp
    wpa-ssid mynetworkname
    WPA-PSK mysecretpassphrase

My wireless network is WPA/WPA2 TKIP / AES.

Then I did ifup wlan0. I was able to verify the presence of my interface by typing ifconfig.

Then I went in the "Network / Interfaces" and "Add" menu. In the dialog box (I'll spare you the details of the standard configuration, subnet mask, gateway, DHCP or static ....) I have chosen the balance-rr (mode 0). My primary interface is the Ethernet connection.
    I left the other default information.

Unfortunately, it did not work and I have no connection at all.

If anyone can help me.

I'm a bit stupid ... is counting from 0. That means he had to boot into recovery mode ...

Well sorry for the avalanche of message ... I'll retest with me ... I'll let you know.

Thank you once again for all that you do. This is a beautiful project.

Well ... I did the following commands:

Code
    grep menuentry / boot/grub2/grub.cfg

Based on this, I saw that my kernel was in 3rd position, so I edited the file / etc / default / grub where I changed

Code
    GRUB_DEFAULT = 3

then

Code
    update-grub

and then I did a reboot (remote, I'm not at home)

Unfortunately, it's been a quard time I made this change, and I still have no news of my NAS :oops:

Excuse me, I misspoke, I want to return to the kernel 686, do you have a tutorial for this?
    I managed to uninstall old kernels, it left me with two 486 and the 686. Now I would like my grub boot automatically on the 686. But I did not find menu.lst

My source.list

I I intentionally commented backports sources

Do you have a tutorial to advise me, or maybe you can tell me what to do?
    If I installed the backports kernel is that I upgraded my NAS without looking. I think that my source.list must be a mess!

Hello ryecoaaron,

I do not know the compatibility (686, 486, 386 ... etc). If the version 686 can use my dual core so it would be great. My Intel T2300 is a dual core (1 CPU). cf processor documentation :http://ark.intel.com/fr/produc…ache-1_66-GHz-667-MHz-FSB
    It remains now to install the famous core 686. Is it difficult?
    Or is it a high-risk operation?
    Ryecoaaron thank you again, you're always there for us noob community!

Hello,

I am equipped with an Intel Core 2 Duo T2300. This is a dual core processor.
    What I do not understand is that I installed (with an update) kernel: Linux 3.2.0-0.bpo.4-486
    However, from what I understand, the core question is designed for single core processor. Am I right?
    In addition, I find that my processor is unusually busy.

What do you recommend? Thank you in advance for your expertise and work on this wonderful project.

Sincerely,