Beiträge von MickPF

Hello again,

After writing my comment here, I wanted to continue to investigate the errors because I found some time to spend for it. I just wanted to change the "Auto logout" time to 30 minutes so I would not be kicked out all the time. Pressing the button "Apply" caused the same error message again. It does not help (anymore) to execute "systemctl daemon-reload". ... Shit.

Hello Macom,

At some point, after x-th attempt to create a share regularly came the error message that the service "monit" could not be started executing command "systemctl reload monit.service". As I have noticed, the supplied version of "monit" (5.20.0-6) is controlled via "/etc/init.d/monit" and any attempt to start, restart or stop the service via systemctl exits with an error code. Therefore, I had disabled this file and installed the script "/lib/systemd/system/monit.service" from the source code of a newer version (5.25.2). Of course that did not bring, because the old binary version is not suitable for it. Then I restored the old state and ran "systemctl daemon-reload". And then suddenly it worked ...

This solves the problem for me. :)

And in the next thread I'll report about further problems that have occurred afterwards. First, I need some time to examine them. ?(X(

Michael

Hello,

I use the latest software installed from the latest available image for OrangePi+.
    After enabling SMB/NMB/CIFS service via the WEB UI I tried to enable the access to user's home directory. After pressing the button "Save" I get the following error message:

I don't try to share these directories, I try to enable the access by dragging the slider "Enable user home directories" to the right as shown in the hardcopy. Its color changes from grey to green!

Can anyone help?

I stumble from one trap to another, one error after another.
    Slowly I ask myself the question, if this software is even ripe or works!

Thanks in advance,
    Michael

Hello Rogger,

as I wrote, I tried it with and without mounting the device "/dev/sda1". This device is visible in the device tree "/dev".
    This behavior is evident on both platforms: on the Cubietruck and on the OrangePi+.

Hello,

I tried it with a Cubietruck and with an OrangePi+ and get the same result X( :
    I installed the latest corresponding image on a SD card and used commands "omv-initsystem" and "omv-update" to configure the system and to get the latest software.
    I connected a SATA hard disk (/dev/sda) for the data storage. I created a BTRFS filesystem on this device.
    When I use the WEB UI to create a shared folder and try to select a device (this field is mandatory), I get an empty device list and I can't enter it manually ?( :

It does not matter if the hard disk is mounted or not!

Do I make a mistake or is it a software problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Michael

Hello,

I'm newbie with OMV debian for cubietruck.
    I've installed it on a µSD card from the latest available image, upgraded as well the OMV to 4.x as the debian linux (with the command "omv-update") to the latest available with kernel 4.14.18-sunxi.
    When I look into the directory "/dev" I miss the NAND device ("/dev/mtd*"), I don't see any MTD devices there.
    The kernel config (as well "/proc/config.gz" as the corresponding kernel sources from armbian.com) contain(s) "some" "Y" in kernel sources under "Device Drivers --> Memory Technology Device (MTD) support". Whether the information is complete to access the NAND, I do not know.
    Is it not supported (yet or at all)?
    I'd like to install the whole system on the nand...

Thanks in advance,
    Michael

Hello,

I'm newbie in this forum.
    I search for threads to this issue, but didn't find any one.

Today I installed openmediavault from the latest available image for Cubietruck, run "apt-get update", "apt-get upgrade", "apt-get dist-upgrade" and "ovm-update". but the software don't install OMV 4, it remains at 3.0.99. Is OMV4 not available for Cubietruck yet? Or do I something wrong?

Thanks in advance,
    Michael