Beiträge von toibs

Thank you dleidert...

However doesnt seem to work :(

Code
    . inc/envvars
    sudo run.d/80-apt-dist-upgrade
    sudo run.d/81-apt-dist-upgrade-omv

sudo run.d/80-apt-dist-upgrade - this comes up clear (all up to date)

However sudo run.d/81-apt-dist-upgrade-omv brings up the following :

Code
    root@openmediavault:/openmediavault-upgrade-4.4# sudo run.d/81-apt-dist-upgrade-omv
    run.d/81-apt-dist-upgrade-omv: 6: .: Can't open /openmediavault-upgrade-4.4/run.d/../inc/omvvars

Sorry :(

toibs because there might be an issue that omv4 is not upgraded please check what the following says:

sudo apt-cache policy openmediavault

And as always I'd appreciate the log file.

root@openmediavault:/# sudo apt-cache policy openmediavault

openmediavault:

Installed: 4.1.36-1

Candidate: 5.5.21-1

Version table:

5.5.21-1 500

500 http://packages.openmediavault.org/public usul/main amd64 Packages

*** 4.1.36-1 100

100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

if i try to run the upgrade script again i get....

sudo ./omv-release-upgrade-5

2021-01-07T08:02:34,131750108+00:00

run-parts: executing /openmediavault-upgrade-4.3/check.d/01-debian-version

You are trying to run this script from Debian '10.7', not Debian 'stretch'.

run-parts: /openmediavault-upgrade-4.3/check.d/01-debian-version exited with return code 1

Ok thank you Dleidert - after i removed the backports I followed through and it seemed to go swimmingly. Rebooted and all rebooted ok...

Now on 4.1.36.1..... Now to upgrade to V5x!!!

Thank you for the ease and relative painfree upgrade - really appreciated!! :)

Just wanted to follow up... I managed to upgrade from 3-4 with your help, and then followed your guide from 4-5 and all installed.. i think!!

Seems like whilst i can still get in using SSH, I cannot get in using the Web Control panel. I have gone in with firstaid and changed it... however it still refuses. Not sure if anything changed at all between 4 and 5 that i missed?

If that worked please remove the openmediavault-minidlna and openmediavault-omvextrasorg packages (sudo apt-get remove openmediavault-minidlna openmediavault-omvextrasorg). You can reinstall them after the upgrade succeeded. My script doesn't handle this at the moment for OMV3.

If that's done too restart the upgrade script. Hopefully it will run through this time.

Ok thank you Dleidert - after i removed the backports I followed through and it seemed to go swimmingly. Rebooted and all rebooted ok...

Now on 4.1.36.1..... Now to upgrade to V5x!!!

Thank you for the ease and relative painfree upgrade - really appreciated!! :)

Hiya dleidert,

Many thanks for this. Decided to try it out on my aging OMV3system (Upgrading from OMV3 to OMV4), however it threw a bunch of errors, the final one being....

There's a bunch of Jessee backports also not existing (yes i know the system is old!)...

Code
    W: Failed to fetch http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie-backports/main/binary-amd64/Packages  404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie-backports/contrib/binary-amd64/Packages  404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie-backports/non-free/binary-amd64/Packages  404  Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Full log attached..omv_release_upgrade_to_stretch.2021-01-06-092909.txt

Any pointers appreciated - Thank you for all your hard work on this!!

Cheers

Paul

Hi All,

Didnt want to create another thread about the same issue, and since the OP managed to sort it figured that it wasn't bad form to jump in.

I too have this issue on a brand new build, using build 4.0.14.

Built on an HP microserver GEN8, following the Setup found here : https://www.abyssproject.net/2…rver-gen-8-servir-de-nas/
    (Used google Translate to give an english version).

However i cant get past the error to allow the build of a new array.

I will try and see if i can fire this up using OMV3.X tomorrow... however i would say the indications from above would suggest it would be ok... So whats changed in this respect between OMV3.X and OMV4.X?

Any pointers gratefully appreciated!

Many thanks
    Paul

So - After finding that there are issues with Running Arrays created on V2.x on V3.x (as in shares not visable), and this being the case, I put the V3 build aside, and Installed V2 on a new Drive, Booted, Could see the array, and then managed to rebuild the Shares. Had some issues with permissions, however all now good, and am successfully backing up onto a fresh backup disk before re-formatting and creating a new Array on V3 and re-adding the files :)

ok - Things looking a _little_ better....

checked here : New 3.x build, old 2.x RAID1 - how

Where it suggests "mdadm --assemble /dev/md127 /dev/sda /dev/sdd --verbose --force"

So - Added the drives, and kinda bingo.....

mdadm --assemble /dev/md127 /dev/sda /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd --verbose --force
    mdadm: looking for devices for /dev/md127
    mdadm: /dev/sda is identified as a member of /dev/md127, slot 0.
    mdadm: /dev/sdb is identified as a member of /dev/md127, slot 1.
    mdadm: /dev/sdc is identified as a member of /dev/md127, slot 2.
    mdadm: /dev/sdd is identified as a member of /dev/md127, slot 3.
    mdadm: forcing event count in /dev/sdb(1) from 62395 upto 62819
    mdadm: forcing event count in /dev/sdc(2) from 62395 upto 62819
    mdadm: clearing FAULTY flag for device 1 in /dev/md127 for /dev/sdb
    mdadm: clearing FAULTY flag for device 2 in /dev/md127 for /dev/sdc
    mdadm: Marking array /dev/md127 as 'clean'
    mdadm: added /dev/sdb to /dev/md127 as 1
    mdadm: added /dev/sdc to /dev/md127 as 2
    mdadm: added /dev/sdd to /dev/md127 as 3
    mdadm: added /dev/sda to /dev/md127 as 0
    mdadm: /dev/md127 has been started with 4 drives.

Now the drives are present. Next problem is to find the Shares on them.....

Just to add a little more....

I have re-installed the latest version of OMV on the boot drive in the hope it may help (and rule out any issues with the OS itself). No joy i'm afraid :(

However, I can see all the disks in "Physical Disks" - all present and correct, verified by :

And also from what i can see these also exist when i run a BLKID command...

However, No Raid array appears in my Raid Management Tab :(

To make things worse (just checked), My backup drive, which was only "backed up to" 2 weeks ago now refuses to boot, so this IS the only full copy of the data i have :(

Anyone any advise please????!!! To say i am more than a little concerned is a massive understatement :(

Thanks again
    Paul

Ok, so as per standard procedure (As far as i know), i had an issue with a Faulty Disk (sdc - SMART showing bad sectors), So powered off, removed old disk, Replaced with factory new, and fired up. Came up ok, Went into Raid Management, Selected Recover, and added the new Disk.

However Rebuild failed, ending up as "Clean, Degraded".

Replaced original sdc, and thats where my issues seem to have started...

I now seem to be completely missing the array. System recognises all Disks as present.

Array should be sda/b/c/d

I do have a backup, however it will take several days to re-build. Any way i can salvage this one??

Thanks
    Paul

Yup - confirmed sdb failed - Nice loud "click" when i try to boot.

Ok - Quick question.... All disks in my Raid 5 4 disk setup are 2tb. Can i replace with a 3TB disk (as far as i was aware i could, however it would only use 2TB of the disk - However looking forward it's only an extra £10 between the 2TB and 3TB...)

Thinking more - if i cant use all of the 3tb disk.... If i eventually replaced all of them with 3tb disks (over the next few months), Can I then expand the Array to use all the additional space??

Thanks for any info

Hi guys,

Just de-powered, moved, and re-powered my NAS, and got this mail:

A DegradedArray event had been detected on md device /dev/md127.
    Faithfully yours, etc.
    P.S. The /proc/mdstat file currently contains the following:
    Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]
    md127 : active raid5 sda[0] sdd[3] sdc[2]
    5860538880 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [4/3] [U_UU]
    nused devices: <none>

And checking the state it says "clean,degraded", with the following info....

Version : 1.2
    Creation Time : Sun Sep 23 14:43:09 2012
    Raid Level : raid5
    Array Size : 5860538880 (5589.05 GiB 6001.19 GB)
    Used Dev Size : 1953512960 (1863.02 GiB 2000.40 GB)
    Raid Devices : 4
    Total Devices : 3
    Persistence : Superblock is persistent

Update Time : Fri Apr 24 18:27:34 2015
    State : clean, degraded
    Active Devices : 3
    Working Devices : 3
    Failed Devices : 0
    Spare Devices : 0

Layout : left-symmetric
    Chunk Size : 512K

Name : openmediavault:Storage (local to host openmediavault)
    UUID : 73802d7c:98a8b557:1e124d44:2b2b1958
    Events : 41014

Number Major Minor RaidDevice State
    0 8 0 0 active sync /dev/sda
    1 0 0 1 removed
    2 8 32 2 active sync /dev/sdc
    3 8 48 3 active sync /dev/sdd

I have 4 disks in my HP microserver (g8), so i'm presuming disk 1 (2nd disk in from the left) has failed???

Cheers
    Paul

Hiya,

Quick question.... I notice that There are additional Plugins i would like to be able to install (eg couchpotato) however as far as i can tell, there is no single "package" available. Most of these point to github.

What is the best way to install/maintain these?

Cheers
    Paul

SSD isnt really possible on the Gen8 AFAIK. SSD would usually be installed on the ODD port - however this is sata port 5 - so what happens is that on it's own an SSD is fine, but as soon as you put in storage disks the OS tries to boot from them instead, and fails. The only real option is to use the internal micro SD slot as this will boot before the SATA disks, and therefore all should work (is so far!)

Admittedly I'm still playing on setup at the moment... So if anyone can advise a better way then great :)

Paul

Cool many thanks ryecoaaron - I think because of the newer release i'll just install the new release and re-add the drives - The main thing is that the procedure still works :)

Cheers :)

Hi guys :)

Currently running (quite hapilly) 0.5.60 (Sardaukar) on my HP Microserver with no issues at all - 4 x 2Gb disks running RAID5 - OS running on SSD

Anyhow, New box arriving today - HP GEN8 8o

So - quick question - Is the "upgrade" procedure the same as it used to be? (i.e. New ISO install on SSD in new box, add Storage drives afterwards and then re-add the existing arrays? Or are there any changes/differences because of the newer release of OMV???

Any pointers/advice appreciated :)

Cheers
    Paul