Beiträge von jiffk

Quick update for anyone else trying to use pexsat32 the backports kernel seems to be working!

Copied 190 GB across last night with nothing odd looking in the logs, just set another copy of 400GB going and will see how that goes.

Speed seems to be better as well, write speed is getting close to 90MB/s where before i was around 40-50MB/s

i think 24 drives is a little extreme for my needs!

I'm currently running 8 drives in raid 6, i was thinking rather than spending money on expensive controllers i could go down the route of 2 x raid 5 in HP micros servers as they can be had for about £80 and a good for 4 drives and a system drive.

I have seen port multipliers and was thinking they looked like a good idea, i wouldnt want to put more than 2 or 3 per sata port as im currently getting around 100MB/s read rate 3 drives on one sata 2 port would take me above 1.5gb/s.

I've copied a load of stuff to the nas build but then added 4 more drives on star tech pci express sata cards, expanded the raid and filesystem.

Now when I copy files across the nas seems to lock up, I've attached the log, the messages I get before it becomes un responsive are eth0: link up repeated several times.

ok it would appear it is resizing i'm now up to 4.9Tb useable and it seems to be increasing, i was expecting it to be instantly useable or the size of the partition to be selectable not slowly grow

Also there is no indication that it is doing anything other than a processing running called resize2fs

I've just increased a 4 drive raid 6 to now being 8 x 2tb drives.

Its showing in the raid management page as 10.92Tb but becuase i had the filesystem created on 4 drives i went to resize from 3.91Tb in the filesystem page.

First time i click on the button it appears that nothing happens, second time i click on the button i get the following error.

Failed to execute command 'sudo resize2fs /dev/md127': Filesystem at /dev/md127 is mounted on /media/c01f7298-096c-4774-8da1-5e6e4c158b44; on-line resizing required old desc_blocks = 246, new_desc_blocks = 699 Performing an on-line resize of /dev/md127 to 2930269440 (4k) blocks.

Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'sudo resize2fs /dev/md127': Filesystem at /dev/md127 is mounted on /media/c01f7298-096c-4774-8da1-5e6e4c158b44; on-line resizing required
    old desc_blocks = 246, new_desc_blocks = 699
    Performing an on-line resize of /dev/md127 to 2930269440 (4k) blocks.' in /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:574
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: FileSystemMgmtRpc->resize(Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(265): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(98): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'resize', Array)
    #3 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(44): OMVJsonRpcServer->handle()
    #4 {main}

I'm tempted to backup and delete the filesystem and create a new one but that wouldnt fix the issue for future users!

I'm about to free up 4 2tb drives from my old nas and build a 8 x 2TB nas in software raid.

I was going to get a small ssd for the system drive but was wondering if its worth considering a backup of the system drive.

If the system drive fails can the raid array be rebuilt from a fresh install of OMV without loosing any data?

Or is there any inbuilt functionality to automatically backup the system drive.

This is only going to be a home storage for media files to stream across the network.