Beiträge von yoannez

Ok the principle is:

Performance is not an issue.
    RAID-6 is mandatory for double disc failure.
    Maximum amount of usable RAID space is desired.

So if you can propose a diferent way to get 10TB Usable out of 3x 3TB Drives and 3x 2TB Drives and 2x 1TB Drives. I would apreciate.

About my problem, system does not boot because some of the partitions are not recognized and do not get to /proc/partitions unless I manually run partprobe after the boot fails.

Hi

Kernel is:
    root@ANANAS:~# uname -a
    Linux ANANAS 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Feb 25 00:26:11 UTC 2013 x86_64 GNU/Linux

but under boot I only have:
    root@ANANAS:/boot# ls
    config-2.6.32-5-amd64 grub initrd.img-2.6.32-5-amd64 System.map-2.6.32-5-amd64 vmlinuz-2.6.32-5-amd64

UUID is not helping because the issue is that not all the drive partitions are recognized under /proc/partitions until I manually run partprobe.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

First of all thanks for the nice work with OMV.
    I have a serious problem though... After beeing using OMV for the last 2 1/2 months my systems stopped booting after the first reboot following the last kernel update, I can't recall but I beleive there was a kernel update midle last week. My system runs 24/7 so I didn't do a reboot at the time. But in order to change the place where my system was beeing kept I had to shut it down last wednesday... After that the system never came up by it self anymore. The Raid-6 arrays fail to start and the system stops asking for troubleshooting.
    I managed to find out that the problem has something to do with the partition detection system on this new update because if I stop the "bogus" raid arrays and run a partprobe on each drive I can then run a mdam-raid start and the raid arrays get started properly...

Any idea?

here his a boot log and my RAID configuration:

This is the RAID layout after this failed boot:

And this is the RAID layout after running partprobe (the RAID's are in read-only on purpose):
    This is my correct RAID layout.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers