Beiträge von Bohs

Since my original post, in hope to fix it, I've removed the old mount point and share from it from an external drive I had tested there (the ntfs, cause I read that could cause trouble)

Code
    root@BeeCube:~# blkid
    /dev/sda1: LABEL="D1TVshows" UUID="0b61a825-c7d0-41a3-8669-18578b49aa8f" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdb1: LABEL="D2Media" UUID="c5b7eec9-cc20-42a6-8fb6-afc50e6cbcc4" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdc1: UUID="e237304e-7b03-48f2-ae44-66bd85f31e20" TYPE="ext4" LABEL="D3Users"
    /dev/sdd1: LABEL="D3Users" UUID="781f8865-5a2f-4a8e-b62e-adc490263031" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdd5: UUID="5cc8d5aa-5625-40dd-af82-7f9da1302ea2" TYPE="swap"

Hi

My OMV NAS has been running fine all along and today I decided to tidy up all my cables. So shut down everything including the OMV box, did that and now I just booted it again.

But I couldn't access my shares through windows, logged into the web admin and none of the drives are mounted - they're still showing though. I can't mount them myself either, I'll get the msg attached in screenshot.

I tried to update everything to see if that fixed it, but no luck there either - even though there were a lot of updates.

Any help is appreciated as I'd hate to lose all my files.

Hi all

maybe it's my that's stupid, but after the reinstall of my OMV NAS, my miniDLN doesn't seem to want to add all files any more.

It loads my first 5 TV shows fine with all episodes, but stops on first season of the sixth.

The last file it adds is called "Ancient Aliens S01E04 Close Encounters.mp4" and the next that it doesn't add is "Ancient Aliens S01E05 The Return.mp4" .. none of these strike me as any reason to conflict in any way with the naming.

Anyone else encountered similar trouble with the miniDLNA? or maybe just knows where the worm could be hidden?

Any suggestions are welcome, Thanks in advance.

Zitat von "ikkeenjij36"

Could i also suggest iRedMail for a mailserver on the smae box if one want one and the hw is good enough?
    There are some good guides on the site and should be easy to install as well i guess?

Looks pretty good, and very easy to setup. Found a youtube video showing it (different distro, but should be the same) - a plugin would be awesome of course. Think I'll pick iRedMail as my mail server, see if I can figure out to install it :D

Ob es mit dem standard BIOS geht weiss ich nicht, aber denke mal schon. Hab selbst das custom auf meinen N40L und N54L. Da unsere geräte nur an der CPU sich unterscheiden, müsste es das selbe sein

Das BIOS erkennt meine 4TB Seagate NAS drives als 138GB oder so, aber unter OMV hat man die vollen 3.6TiB oder wie viel es ist auf so einer 4TB. Also sollte kein problem sein

Did you have any trouble with the server and the 4TB drives? Can't seem to get mine to format them. I get communication failure when I try to make a file system.
    I'm using Seagate NAS drives, but that shouldn't really make any difference to the WD Red

[EDIT] Nevermind. It throws errors but works if I just click close to the error and wait a couple minutes. Maybe a format of a 4TB drives just takes to long? Using single drive setup as I don't need raid. Raid only has downsides for my usage.

Another thing that would be really nice to have in plugin form would be a mailserver.

The easiest is probably Xmail with Dovecot for imap support and maybe even webbased mail like UebiMiau or RoundCube. And most people that use these things are familiar with these and know how to set their configs.

Hi

I think it all should work fine as I thought, but I'd rather get a 2nd opinion before I start. I got 2 NAS systems and I need to do some swapping. Let me start by saying, only my data needs to migrate, I plan on doing all other configs new anyway.

The first is a HP N40L with 4x 2TB Raid5 array on OMV4 where I need to keep the data. Now my plan is to remove the raid array and plug it into my new HP N54L where I already installed OMV5.

Only difference between the 2 systems is that the 54 has a slightly better CPU.

So, as far as I know the new system should recognize the raid array and let me remount it and then share it from there? (don't think there should be a problem between the 2 OMV versions there).

Then I'm going to replace the boot drive in the old nas with a SSD, install OMV 5 on that one too. I also got a set of new Seagate NAS 4TB drives that are going in the old system and then I'm going to copy the files over the network to the new disks.

So to sum up, moving a raid between OMV 0.4 and 0.5 will work just fine and easy as if I just reinstalled 4 and re-mounted it all?

Hey

was wondering if anyone already has set up an IRC daemon like UnrealIRCd or something like that on OMV? Before I start to try to do it on my own, I might as well ask if someone has done it and ran into any trouble or anything along the way.
    Would love to see a plugin for it too, but I know the ones capable of doing so have their hands more than full with the current list. :)

Zitat von "aygun"

I want to build in torrent box and let it over night to download what ever I want .

If this is your only need, then I'd suggest using your router for it. If you got a tomato/dd-wrt compatible router with an USB port, you could just install transmission or similar onto that, use a USB HDD and you're set. There are also a bunch of routers that have download managers build in into the stock firmware both for http/ftp and torrents - and again with a USB hdd. If you want to use your current SSD, a cheap enclosure for that won't set you back much.

just as idea/suggestion

Hi all

Tried to search wiki and forums, but not much luck in finding the info I was looking for, so thought I post a thread instead. Hope this won't be a to stupid question and someone can help me along.

Had a fine OMV setup running on my HP N40L, but didn't hearse the warnings about installing on USB stick. The one I used should be able to handle it, but seems the description of it was wrong. My system won't boot anymore (cache error or something like that during bootup, can look up if important). Got a replacement now (WD Blue HDD) and just reinstalled OMV onto that.

Before the reinstall I unplugged my old raid array, just in case, and haven't plugged it back in yet. Know from experience that it's better to ask in times like these then loose all the data :)

It's a 4disk Raid5 array. (Seagate SV35.5 2TB disks) First time I used Raid in any of my NAS, always used the disks as they were until now.

From the few posts I could find it seemed that if I knew all the old names, it should be easy to get back in and running - but I can't remember. I still got the old installation on the USB stick that won't boot (if it's possible to still read out from there somehow)

How do I best go around to getting my NAS back up an running with my Raid array? Any input, help, suggestions and links are appreciated, Thanks in advance.

I do have backup of most, but not all, so would be amazing if I could rescue it.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I wasn't sure it was possible from USB to SSD, will give it a go and hope for the best - worst case I plug the USB stick back in :)
    Will need to flash my BIOS first with the hacked to unlock the 5th sata port to full speed, but that's an easy step.