Beiträge von Pshemas

it's seems that update removed some PAM modules - some were replaced by different ones. So yeah, it's a mess. In worst case scenario I'll install new version in another VM and will try switching the volumes.

edit: so my plan worked. I've stopped VM with OMV . I've downloaded the new installer image and uploaded to my Proxmox instance and created a new VM for the updated OMV version. I didn't start it immediately though - I've opened Proxmox shell, renamed the drive used for samba in the old, so it would match newly created VM name. Then I've edited the config file for the new one and added this drive.

Moving disk image from one KVM machine to another - Proxmox VE

With that done I've launched the VM and proceeded with install and adding the old share.

So I've attempted to update my install. After the omv-update step the OMV broke - it seems the dependecies went to hell. I can't access web panel, the omv commands seem to be gone. I wonder - what would be recommended action at this time?

Here's the output I've copied during the omv-update command:

Logpasta - simple, secure log paste service

The smb service works, so at least I can access the files, but I'd love to sort it out.

Is there a way to have a Dropbox and (or) GoogleDrive (Insync or otherwise) to work with OMV?
    I don't intend those as backup - so I guess it rules out duplicati plugin.

I want the Dropbox / GDrive folder to be accessible through SMB share I have already running - thus I won't have to install Dropbox / Google Drive on the clients. Thus it would be available to the clients through smb and I'd have a handy folder to throw stuff that I need when I'm on the go :) - and I wouldn't waste space.

Any ideas whether it is doable (how?)? I have such setup on a regular Linux machine and it works great (had to set up some cron jobs that change file permissions as I couldn't figure it out through Dropbox / Insync) - would love to have it on OMV.