Posts by robster

Go to your router and look at attached devices. Your ip may have changed. Did you have a static ip set in OMV? Just a guess.

Thanks for your reply. Totally stumped but last night I booted laptop and it connected to all services. I thought "ok, must be my other machine". Next day (today) I boot server again (it powers down each night automatically) and all machines are connecting. I really can't say what it was but here it is working. I DO have a static IP set though, to answer the question.

Thanks again.

Hi all,

The server is running. I restart it via hardware buttons and I get emails from monit telling me X and Y has happened. My PiHOLE is running (via docker). I can see that's working (as my DNS would fail it it weren't). It's all there.

However if I try to go to it via say 192.168.20.11:8090/ (for heimdall) or 192.168.20.11 (for OMV admin panel) nothing happens. I just eventually get a time out. I can't SSH to it either. Same problem.

I'm stumped. Restarting doesn't do anything. What can I try please, to get access again?

Thank you

Hi all,

I did a port scan on my server and received the following:

HOW on earth did freeciv (game) end up there? I am sure I've not installed.

Now I'm concerned about other things with open ports. Can anyone see danger here?

Thanks so much...

Hi all,

I had a near failure this week and realised that although my FILE backups are working (photos / etc) a few things like my databases are not backed up (nextcloud db, wikiJS db, etc).

How are you all backing this data up? I found this pretty cool looking thing `prodrigestivill/postgres-backup-local` but when I search for it in the docker interface in OMV it doesn't show up. So I assume people ARE backing up. How are you doing it?

Thanks so much

Hi all,

As the title says. I decided my OMV4 had not had a base system upgrade in a while. I wanted to ensure latest security etc was in place so did a `sudo apt-get update` followed by a `sudo apt-get upgrade`.

Tried to log in on the weekend and can't. I had to connect monitor and keyboard and go in directly.

On boot there IS an error and I was able to take photos of it. Does anyone have any suggestions? (sorry for stitched image)

Thanks so much.

jwVMuW2.png

Hi all,

I'm trying to get postgres to talk with wiki.js but I am having no end of failure. Half of today is gone so far. I am finally asking.

https://hub.docker.com/_/postgres?tab=description
    https://docs.requarks.io/install/docker

This is the wiki.JS error:

2020-02-20T03:25:22.103Z [MASTER] info: =======================================
    2020-02-20T03:25:22.106Z [MASTER] info: = Wiki.js 2.1.113 =====================
    2020-02-20T03:25:22.106Z [MASTER] info: =======================================
    2020-02-20T03:25:22.107Z [MASTER] info: Initializing...
    2020-02-20T03:25:22.626Z [MASTER] info: Using database driver pg for postgres [ OK ]
    2020-02-20T03:25:22.635Z [MASTER] info: Connecting to database...
    2020-02-20T03:25:22.700Z [MASTER] error: Database Connection Error: 3D000 undefined:undefined
    2020-02-20T03:25:22.701Z [MASTER] warn: Will retry in 3 seconds... [Attempt 1 of 10]
    2020-02-20T03:25:25.704Z [MASTER] info: Connecting to database...
    2020-02-20T03:25:25.715Z [MASTER] error: Database Connection Error: 3D000 undefined:undefined
    2020-02-20T03:25:25.716Z [MASTER] warn: Will retry in 3 seconds... [Attempt 2 of 10]
    2020-02-20T03:25:28.721Z [MASTER] info: Connecting to database...
    2020-02-20T03:25:28.732Z [MASTER] error: Database Connection Error: 3D000 undefined:undefined
    2020-02-20T03:25:28.733Z [MASTER] warn: Will retry in 3 seconds... [Attempt 3 of 10]

I've installed postgres via docker in OMV with the following settings:

Volume /var/lib/postgresql/data shared to a folder on server
    PGDATA /var/lib/postgresql/data
    PUID 1000
    PG_VERSION 9.6.17-1.pgdg90+1
    GOSU_VERSION 1.11
    LANG en_US.utf8
    PG_MAJOR 9.6
    PGID 100
    TZ Australia/Brisbane
    POSTGRES_PASSWORD passwordHere
    PATH /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/lib/postgresql/9.6/bin

I've installed wiki.JS with the following settings:
    PORT: 0.0.0.0:1212 to 3000/tcp
    VOLUME /wiki/data/content shared to a folder on server
    DB_NAME wiki-DB
    PATH /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
    NODE_VERSION 12.14.1
    DB_TYPE postgres
    DB_PORT 5432
    DB_PASS passwordHere
    YARN_VERSION 1.21.1
    DB_HOST 3e43cf68e053
    DB_USER wiki_user

I've put them both on the same virtual network and also tried to leave them on bridge.

I'm totally out of ideas and energy at the moment so thought I'd check in and see if anyone has any ideas?

Thanks so much

Hi all,

I have a gmail account that I use as a bit of a throwaway / test account and am trying to use for email notifications for OMV.

The logs show:

postfix/pipe[6279]: E8EF870E283:
    to=<openmediavault-notification@localhost.localdomain>,
    relay=omvnotificationfilter, delay=0.07, delays=0.03/0.01/0/0.02,
    dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered via omvnotificationfilter service)

OMV says test email sent. I never receive any though.

gmail did warn me that OMV tried and I had to turn on less secure apps but still no emails coming through.

So, I wonder. What other providers out there are known to work well? Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you

Hi all,

I've installed Restic and run it successfully from the command line in a bash script.
    It runs successfully as I've done this in terminal as root:

Code
    export B2_ACCOUNT_ID=""
    export B2_ACCOUNT_KEY=""
    export RESTIC_PASSWORD_FILE="/home/restic-password.txt"

I then run restic from terminal via my bash script using ./runResticBackup.sh and it works perfectly.

I then take that bash script and enter it into Scheduled Jobs in the OMV dashboard and run the job to test it.

It gives this output:

Bash
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export SHELL=/bin/sh; sudo --shell --non-interactive --user=root -- ./home/bashScripts/runResticBackup.sh 2>&1' with exit code '1': Fatal: unable to open B2 backend: Account ID ($B2_ACCOUNT_ID) is empty
    Error #0: OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export SHELL=/bin/sh; sudo --shell --non-interactive --user=root -- ./home/bashScripts/runResticBackup.sh 2>&1' with exit code '1': Fatal: unable to open B2 backend: Account ID ($B2_ACCOUNT_ID) is empty in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/cron.inc:175 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMVRpcServiceCron->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusjD...', '/tmp/bgoutputN2...') #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/cron.inc(179): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure)) #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceCron->execute(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('execute', Array, Array) #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Cron', 'execute', Array, Array, 1) #6 {main}

So what I take from that is this line Fatal: unable to open B2 backend: Account ID ($B2_ACCOUNT_ID) is empty and that means my variables I exported in the terminal are not being read by the Scheduled Jobs user.

How can I get these variables accessible to the Scheduled Jobs user so the bash script can run?

Thanks so much...

Hi all,

I'm trying to backup my OMV shared data to a Backblaze B2 Bucket. I tried the technodad tutorial on Duplicati and it worked, almost, but it keeps getting database errors when syncing to B2 and stops backing up. So looking around I found Duplicity. REALLY nice and easy to use from the command line when installed locally but I want it in OMV and gave it a whirl via docker.

Using this image : https://hub.docker.com/r/tecnativa/duplicity
    Code at : https://github.com/Tecnativa/docker-duplicity

Starting the container to set it up I have began but I'm stuck on things like networking and port forwarding.

Also the SRC variable mentions mounts, so I'm assuming I then use Volumes and Bind Mounts near the bottom of the docker settings? If so, what do I name them?

I do apologise as I'm quite new at Docker and there's just nothing out there on Duplicity so I'm trail blazing with limited skills.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi all,

I setup NextCloud in a docker container with a maria database also in a docker container according to the Techno Dad Life tutorial.

I am worried though that if it all goes bad, I lose a lot of setup and info (my nextcloud is heavily used with to do lists, notes, bookmarks, news, etc etc).

How can I backup the dabase so it can be restored in case of an emergency?

Thanks so much

Hi all,

Following the docs carefull (and note I have created MANY shares over the years) I am now stuck with a new error stopping me creating shares.

• I head to the Share link.
    • Add a share.
    • Give it a name, leave path as default, permissions to everyone read write for now.
    • Save.
    • Approve change at bar at top

I then get this error:

Bash
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-Rsync\x2dBackups.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Assertion failed on job for sharedfolders-Rsync\x2dBackups.mount.

with details of:

Bash
    Error #0: OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-Rsync\x2dBackups.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Assertion failed on job for sharedfolders-Rsync\x2dBackups.mount. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1) #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(160): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('restart', NULL, false) #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/sharedfolders.inc(66): OMV\System\SystemCtl->restart() #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleSharedfolders->startService() #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array) #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatus2V...', '/tmp/bgoutputYN...') #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure)) #9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array) #10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array) #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array) #13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1) #14 {main}

Now I don't have a share called `Rsync` and I'm not sure if that's the problem.

What can I do to work this out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.