Beiträge von dhanushkak

Thanks for the responses all.

This is what I see in the list.

However on Update Management I see these plus a whole lot of other packages also I still do have the original issue as well, which is not being able to upgrade via Update Management

Hey Mr.Grape

Thank you for the response.

That's what I got for the last step. The line im concerned about is

The following packages will be REMOVED:

avahi-daemon bind9-host dnsutils libdns1100 libnss-mdns omvextras-common openmediavault openmediavault-docker-gui openmediavault-flashmemory openmediavault-netatalk openmediavault-omvextrasorg

Is it safe to proceed? Im worried it will remove OMV

Hi,

I tried updating the latest updates through "Update Management" and got an error same as below except it did not say some of the packages are already the newest version. Then upgraded via command line. Did not have any issues here, until I refreshed 'Update Management'. All the updates were still listed, the ones installed via command line showed as 0 bytes. Then I tried upgrading again and go the below error. Then I tried upgrading the ones the error message says that needs to be installed and that removed OMV :( . Luckily had a backup. So no issues there :) .

My question is, did I do the updates wrong? can't I simply upgrade via "Update Management" or via the command line using sudo apt-get update and then apt-get upgrade?

Hi All,

I tried both

Code
    other alternative by ryecoaaron: apt-get update and then apt-get install openmediavault-omvextrasorg=4.1.9
    other alternative by ryecoaaron: wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash

And got the below error when installing the Docker plugin

Tried searching for the error and could not find anything.
    Hope someone could let me know what to do.

Thanks

I was referring on the steps to restore the back up from the point of starting up a new omv system :)

All good now. I suppose installing a new omv image is the best option. Thank you for the help.

Then you were using the old version of the backup plugin. It is difficult to restore.
    Oh I see.

If you were seeing signs before the backup, those problems are most likely replicated to your backup. I would not use the backup.
    That's true.

Didn't you do this to create the image you have now?

I was referring on the steps to restore the back up from the point of starting up a new omv system :)
    [/quote]All good now. Thanks for the help.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

I have OMV 4 running on rpi 3b+. After a couple of months it has now stopped booting (No flickering green light).

However the day before it stopped booting I took a backup from the plugin in omv-extras.

But I'm not sure how to restore it. The back it did looks like a copy of the folders in the OS.

Appreciate any help.

Hi,

I was able to install the docker gui plugin using rodon's suggestion. But when I enabled the plugin and tried to search I got the below error,

Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:186
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'getContainers', Array, Array, 3)
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #2 {main}

Syslog:
    raspberrypi omv-engined[6922]: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php:63#012Stack trace:#012#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(319): OMVModuleDockerUtil::doApiCall('http://localhos...')#012#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->searchImages(Array, Array)#012#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#012#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('searchImages', Array, Array)#012#4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'searchImages', Array, Array, 1)#012#5 {main}#012 thrown in /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php on line 63