Beiträge von KvackEvolution

Hi!

When i go into Firstaid through the command omv-firstaid and press "3 Change control panel administrator password" and type a new password 2 times then press "Ok" it output this:

So i tried the command passwd admin and type the new password it output(Swedish):

First row says: Authentication token manipulation error
    Second row says: password unchanged

I have tried remounting the file system and checked permission on /etc/shadow as picture below, but the problem still resist.

What can the problem be ? Do i need to reinstall omv ?

Regards

Hi!

So i found this HP Probook with a very very low budget CPU and low running costs, perfect in other hand for my usage. I primarly use the server for SMB to my old retro systems with Windows 9x/2k/XP OSes.

Last week i discovered that i can install GNOME to it and it was a mistake. GNOME locked me out from access to the server (except SMB and FTP). So i re-installed OMV, didn't work to just remove GNOME still booted to it.

I have a WD Black 320 GB that i use for file. And a Seagate 80 GB for boot. But when i configurated everything again i discovered that it created a new File system directory instead of using the old one. But i know the old one is still there because i see that 20 gb is used of the drive. But i cant access the drive from prompt, just says Access denied.

Is there anyway i can access the drive and transfer the files to the new dir ?

Regards :)

SPECS:
    HP Probook 4610s
    CPU: Intel Celeron T3000 1,8 ghz
    GPU: Intel GMA 4500MHD
    RAM: 2 GB
    HDDs: WD Black 320GB, Seagate 80GB