Beiträge von xxomvxx

Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Here is another route you could take. Turn off machine. Disconnect all raid drives, not system drive. Then reinstall OMV on system drive, boot iso reinstall. Then turn off. Reconnect all raid drives. OMV will recognize the raid and you can remount. Then recreate shares, and all other settings.

I'll probably do that tomorrow if I/we don't get it working by then. Thanks for the help so far!

Zitat von "tekkbebe"

You can use cat command, cat config.xml, then right click at top of putty and copy all to clipboard. Then you can paste it in a code box and edit.

Putty cut off most of the text, but I got config.xml.bak from the smb share instead.

Code
    http://www.2shared.com/file/f9mprUJJ/configxml.html
    Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Give me a df -h command and and post copy of your config.xml

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# df -h
    Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda1              33G  1.6G   29G   5% /
    tmpfs                 3.9G     0  3.9G   0% /lib/init/rw
    udev                  3.9G  184K  3.9G   1% /dev
    tmpfs                 3.9G  4.0K  3.9G   1% /dev/shm
    tmpfs                 3.9G  8.0K  3.9G   1% /tmp
    /dev/md127            5.4T  2.0T  3.2T  38% /media/d5759350-9cc7-4e6e-b7f1-fd008a0ddc27
    root@openmediavault:~#

How can I get a copy of the config.xml? I have a smb share for the root drive, and it lets me see that the file is there, but I can't actually edit/open it or even copy/paste it.

Just tried that, rebooted, didn't work :(

I'm using an old ~80gb WD SATA drive for the OS. SMART info seems fine.

Ok, so everything was working fine until a couple days ago. My SMB network share became unaccessible. I went into the web interface and checked SMART info. One of the drives has an unusual listing in the SMART test history (http://i.imgur.com/LsAMFMm.png). Thinking it had failed, I pulled it out, put it in another computer, and ran the Western Digital drive testing utility, doing the extended test. After about 6 hours, it the drive passed the test.

So, realizing that it wasn't the drive, I stuck it back in, booted, and went to the web interface again. The RAID 5 array shows up as "clean". The filesystem shows up as mounted and online.

However, heres the issue. In the Shared Folders tab, my "Files" folder shows up fine. But, when double clicking on it to edit it, up comes this error message (http://i.imgur.com/z9ARTTO.png). Clicking on "show details" gives me this (http://i.imgur.com/W7Z8odE.png).

Also, trying to create a new shared folder also doesnt work. After selecting a volume (the RAID array), trying to choose a path does not work - it tell me to pick a volume first, even though I obviously have the RAID volume selected. (http://i.imgur.com/DJbCQEA.png).

Lastly, the actual hard drives as well as other functions seem to work and function fine - PLEX still works, and those files are in that same /Files shared folder.

I greatly appreciate any help you guys can give me!

Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

It would actually be easier to install the old hard drive back in the system and delete it using the web interface.

These changes have to be done using the command line or over ssh. I use nano. Login as root and do the following:

Just be careful. If you mess it, you can copy the old versions back.

I did that, and even though the FS still shows up as missing in the FS tab on the web interface, there are no more boot errors and it boots up fine on itself. Thanks for the help!

Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

You have to be very careful but you have to delete the filesystem from /etc/fstab and possibly from /etc/openmediavault/config.xml. You should be able to easily find it in fstab and use the uuid to find it in config.xml. Make sure to make a backup of both files before changing.

Ok, that doesn't sound too hard. How should I go about this? Should I just pull the drive and modify the files from another pc?

Thanks!

Hey guys! I had an older hard drive that I used for a temporary SMB share. I then removed it from the system when I installed newer drives. Now, it gives me boot errors (requiring me to press Control+D on boot every time) and shows a missing filesystem that I cannot delete. In the filesystems tab it shows up as ext4, mounted, and missing. All other info fields are N/A. All the top buttons are grayed out except create.

I inserted the same old hard drive back in but i have since formatted it, and it simply shows up as a different filesystem if I use it when creating a new file system.

How do I delete the old missing filesystem?

Hey guys. I'm interested in getting multiple gigabit NICS in my NAS to get over the 1Gbps bottleneck. My NAS isn't currently operational, so I can't test this, so forgive me if some of these questions are obvious/stupid.

Can I use cheap ebay NICs? Like, the <$10 ones?

Do all nics have to be the same, or can I do one onboard, one ebay one, and one of another brand?

Can I do any number I want? 1/2/3/4/5 or are there limits (besides the limits of my PCIE slots of course)

Can I combine PCI and PCIE ones?

And lastly, why don't more people do this? Searching this forum makes it seem like only a couple people are, and it seems like a great idea to overcome a network bottleneck.

Thanks!