Beiträge von CORRUPT27

yes that was the setting i had but it currently would not allow me to change it from that setting to manually. So i changed my BIOS battery and that solved my date time issue. Now lets see if my network remains stable.

Cross your fingers and thanks for the help guys

# The loopback network interface
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

# eth1 network interface
    auto eth1
    allow-hotplug eth1
    iface eth1 inet static
    address 192.168.1.169
    gateway 192.168.1.1
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    dns-nameservers 192.168.1.1
    iface eth1 inet6 manual
    pre-down ip -6 addr flush dev $IFACE

So i have an old pc that i am currently running openmediavault 3.0.86. It is connected directly to my fios router. Now the only services i have running on is plex and smb. For some reason the openmediavault is bringing down my network/router. What happpens is i will be on wifi and all of a sudden the wifi signal disappears on my phone. When checking the openmediavault i will notice that the light is flickering. If i shutdown/unplug the cable the wifi signal will return.

i researched online and it was suggested to use a different nic card. I have attempted this but also had the same issue. Not sure when this started because i did have it running on my network for a few months with no issues. It was a headless setup but i have connected a monitor and a keyboard to see what happens.
    But i am not sure what commands i can use on the Command line to find the cause of my issue. Please help.

thank you