Posts by aykaydub

Is there a good guide to follow to get the Traefik docker working on OMV?

I have tried guides based on other distros, but keep getting stuck at the same point - the docker seems to run, but I cant connect to the monitor page through the web to continue setting things up.

Unfortunately no luck with that.

Thanks for your help with this but I am going to give PiVPN a go. I will also see if I can somehow replace my router, this is the 3rd VPN that I cant get to work, so surely it must be a router problem or a problem with my system...

Is there a recommended was to uninstall everything?

I have been messing around with the IP addresses in the script, so this isn't the same a before, but it has the same outcome - I can connect fine but no data transfers

On OMV;

Code
    [Interface]
    Address = 192.168.1.0/24 SaveConfig = true
    ListenPort = 51820 PostUp = iptables -A FORWARD -i wgnet0 -j ACCEPT; iptables -A FORWARD -o $
    PostDown = iptables -D FORWARD -i wgnet0 -j ACCEPT; iptables -D FORWARD -$
    PrivateKey = APdxxx=
    [Peer]
    PublicKey = qlRxxx=
    AllowedIPs = 192.168.1.0/24

On the iPad;

[Interface]

Public key = qlRxxx=
    Addresses = 192.168.1.0/24

[Peer]
    Public Key = LB9xxx=
    Allowed IPs = 0.0.0.0/0

Got this reply with an email but its not in the forum

---------------------------------
    Zitat: „no known endpoint for peer

Is there an Endpoint specified under Peer in the conf of your iOS machine? Should be the external of your router or a dyndns address + the port (e.g. http://my.domain.com:51820)

---------------------------------

I added xx.xx.xx.xx:51820 to the iOS settings but it made no difference

I tried with the Mac client, same result. It says its connected but nothing passes though. No difference when I run wg as well.

I'm beginning to think it may be my shitty isp router. I had a IPsec VPN docker working for ages but one day all my devices stopped sending data even though they were connected, all except my android phone for some strange reason. Its the only reason I have been looking for another option.

In any case here is the log from the Mac.

Ok so I removed all of the WG packages, did update and upgrade, rebooted, and finally the script ran until the end!

I have forwarded the port on my router and the iOS client connects via the QR code although I can't get any internet or local traffic while connected.

Slowly getting there...

systemctl status wg-quick@wgnet0.service

gives me

The other one is filled with low disk space errors

Im trying to get this to work, but it fails with

Code
    Job for wg-quick@wgnet0.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
    See "systemctl status wg-quick@wgnet0.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Running - systemctl status wg-quick@wgnet0.service - gives

Not a docker, but might be worth to have a look:
    [HowTo] WireGuard with OMV Super-Easy

Doesn't seem to work for me, the script seems to fail with

ob for wg-quick@wgnet0.service failed because the control process exited with error code.See "systemctl status wg-quick@wgnet0.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Although looking into WireGuard it may be what I need so I will continue trying to get it to work.

Maybe I am using the wrong terminology regarding QuickSync (although I presumed my CPU had it). On ubuntu server I can hardware transcode with ffmpeg using VA-API. I am new to this so there is a chance I am mistaken, but when testing the difference in ffmpeg between a regular and -vaapi_device encode, there was a very big speed difference so something must be going on.