Beiträge von Asmodus

I'm sure there are other ways the xz hack could be used but ssh was the only real one I have seen so far.

Yes, it's not fully understood what was in the code.

“We even worked with him to fix the valgrind issue (which it turns out now was caused by the backdoor he had added),” the Ubuntu maintainer said. "He has been part of the xz project for two years, adding all sorts of binary test files, and with this level of sophistication, we would be suspicious of even older versions of xz until proven otherwise."

Taken from (link provided).

Backdoor found in widely used Linux utility targets encrypted SSH connections | Ars Technica

No links it took you 2 secs to look up what it was. It's pretty big news from what i can tell as its a pretty serious security issue.

I didnt ask who's 'responsability' it was, i asked if it was affected.

A simple 'No it's fine, were good' or a 'yes it's an issue right now', wouldve been more helpful.

As it stands i'm still none the wiser.

Ive just installed OMV6 and have tried following this thread

How to install Plex on OMV6 with docker image linuxserver/plex + On the fly transcoding files only in tmpfs (living on RAM not HDD) - Guides - openmediavault

I get to step 5 but as soon as i press 'up' im getting this error message displayed

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; docker-compose --file '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-88544711-5267-4769-8e40-be46c0708fbf/dockerStuff/docker-compose//plex/plex.yml' --env-file '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-88544711-5267-4769-8e40-be46c0708fbf/dockerStuff/docker-compose//plex/plex.env' up -d 2>&1': parsing /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-88544711-5267-4769-8e40-be46c0708fbf/dockerStuff/docker-compose/plex/plex.yml: Top-level object must be a mapping

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; docker-compose --file '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-88544711-5267-4769-8e40-be46c0708fbf/dockerStuff/docker-compose//plex/plex.yml' --env-file '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-88544711-5267-4769-8e40-be46c0708fbf/dockerStuff/docker-compose//plex/plex.env' up -d 2>&1': parsing /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-88544711-5267-4769-8e40-be46c0708fbf/dockerStuff/docker-compose/plex/plex.yml: Top-level object must be a mapping in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/compose.inc:330

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(619): OMVRpcServiceCompose->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusZu...', '/tmp/bgoutputiX...')

#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/compose.inc(333): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))

#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceCompose->doCommand(Array, Array)

#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('doCommand', Array, Array)

#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Compose', 'doCommand', Array, Array, 1)

#6 {main}

Any help whats going on would really be appreciated.

A few weeks back there was the docker issue which a workaround was found. I've just tried to access plex and it seems the problem is back.

Trying to reinstall portainer again through OMV web interface throws up the 'DNS error, exiting' message.

As far as i know nothing has changed my end (no updates installed, just freshly booted).

I have reapplied the previous fix again and rebooted but its still throwing up the error.

I'm on OMV 5.

Just wondering if anyone else is having the issue again or if there's another known issue that's known and being worked on, or if there's something going on my end.

I've no problem with recommend updates.

The point i'm making is, things that aren't relevant to my installation at this point of time could have another tab of hidden items easily enough.

So the possibilty of hardware changes or indeed things like CLI's could be put out of the way until possibly needed in the future.

So the main page of updates could be easily seen.

If a blanket install of every update that shows up is the done thing so be it. I'll roll with that.

If that's the case , then cool...... but i'm pretty sure I've seen drivers and other stuff that doesn't look very relevant to my install showing up in the past.

The ability to hide ancilliary stuff would definitely be useful do you not agree?

2 updates have shown up today for docker, one being a CLI that i doubt i'd ever use. The ability to hide that would be useful as if i hadn't installed it, it would be sitting there staring at me everytime I check for updates hence why ive installed it and the bloated install comment.

The update management section sorely needs the ability to hide updates and show which are necessary system updates (maybe linked to the modules already installed) versus optional updates.

As im not that tech savvy and hate having to scroll thru loads of updates i just install whatever is shown in the updates section which is going to lead to a bloated install.

Forgive my ignorance if there is a facility to do this and if this is in the wrong section or has been requested before. This is the only criticism i have of OMV as it sits doing its thing for me flawlessly :thumbup:

ATM I have a button on Apple homekit via homebridge running on a raspberry Pi, that can send a wol command to start the PC but I cannot get the same button to shutdown the PC even though there is a section in the plugin to send a shutdown command.
    Has anyone tried this? And can you help out a relative newbie?

If all else fails is there a way to send a shutdown command outside my home network over the Internet as it’s easy enough to shutdown when at home but I need to be able to shutdown while away.