Beiträge von carlnielsen

Okay, I did some more research and this might be an issue with Samsung and IPP. Apparently this can be worked around by using some alternative protocol IPP14 which requires setting up up on CUPS. Sadly, my CUPS control screen doesn't seem to let me do any amending of settings, so I am still a bit stuck.

Update: I printed successfully from Thunderbird on the Linux Mint PC. Attempted a test page from the OMV admin screen, and that did the same as before: printer starts whirring but no page. Here are 3 examples from the CUPS Compelte Jobs list.
    Column heads: JobID, Name, User, Size, # Pages, State

Samsung-26 Test Page admin 1k Unknown completed at
    Tue 04 Aug 2015 13:24:32 SAST
    Samsung-24 smbprn.00000010 Invoice INV-0056.pdf carl nielsen 63k 1 completed at
    Mon 03 Aug 2015 13:53:48 SAST
    Samsung-22 A9ROgV9ocD carl 153k Unknown completed at
    Sun 02 Aug 2015 16:00:34 SAST

Job 22 is from the Linux Mint machine: it did not print. The job that did print has almost exactly the same information on the line (also Unknown number of pages).
    Job 24 is from Windows. Interestingly, it looks like it has come via Samba although OMV reports SMB sharing as turned off. This did print.
    Job 26 is a test print from the OMV admin panel. It did not print.

I have a Samsung SCX-4623F multi-function printer attached to my OMV (2.1.5.1) box.

SMB sharing is turned off.

Printing from Windows clients works fine.

Printing from localhost (test print) does not work, nor does printing from my other Linux PC (Mint XFCE 17.1). In both cases, the printer warms up and the gears start turning as if it is about to print, but the page does not spool.

Any suggestions would be helpful. If more information is needed from my side, just say what and I'll post as best I can.

As an aside, network scanning works fine (from the Mint PC using xsane - haven't tried from a WIn client) except when there is a paper jam, in which case bizarrely, I am asked for a username and password, whereafter, no matter what I enter, xsane just crashes.

Hi

I want to use rsnapshot to make a daily copy of one folder to another. I have set up 2 shared folder lets call the <Source> and <Target>. My rsnapshot set up is basically:

Source folder <Source>
    Target folder <Target>
    Retain hourly 0
    Retain daily 1
    Retain weekly, monthly and yearly: all 0

Please can you confirm if this will have the desired effect. Target will be updated daily with the contents of source. The previous days contents will be gone and replaced with the current days contents.

Next question: how to tell rsnapshot exactly when to do the copy each day?

Maybe this isn't the right forum for the question, but as I am using MiniDLNA under OMV, I thought I'd see if anyone can help.

I have set up MiniDLNA and accessed the streaming media using Banshee. If I choose a track and check the properties, there is no track number. Also, for compilation albums, the fact that they are recorded as such does not reflect. I have googled this topic and never quite managed to find an answer: whose "fault" is it that this information is lacking: the client or the server? It is quite frustrating because it makes it difficult to listen to songs in the right order, and it means that for compilation albums, the songs aren't grouped and reflected as one album. The album name, song title, artist and genre do reflect, so the ID3 tag info is definitely being transported to some extent. The album art also shows up in Banshee.

Perhaps a question for the MiniDLNA forums or the Banshee forums, and if so, please direct me accordingly. That said, any help would be appreciated.

Installed successfully. Box has just 1 HDD.

Physical Disks lists /dev/sda

Filesystems lists nothing.

parted reports a fairly standard setup: /dev/sda1 ext4 for most of drive, and a small swap partition.

Without filesystem, not sure I can do anything?

I have tried installing 0.4 from a USB stick on 2 PC's and both times the installation froze during the partitioning stage. Screen was on "scanning disks". Anyone else come across this? Installation from a CD works fine, but the PC I ultimately want to install on doesn't have optical so prefer to install from USB if possible. I created the USB with unetbootin