Beiträge von blu64

This is an indication that your network setup has a problem (just 50 MB/s) as well as your storage (20 MB/s once filesystem cache is full -- but with 8 GB RAM this should happen way later than 'quickly').

I don't understand how it could be a network problem if I am transferring files between two shares on the same machine. Yesterday I hooked up a monitor and keyboard to the machine and used midnight commander to copy a file from one share to another and I had the same problem.

I have a new omv box that I've built. It has an A10-5800K APU and 8 Gigs of RAM. I have 3 seagate 4Tb NAS hard drives, and one WD red 4Tb NAS drive in a raid 5 array.

When I download a file using transmission it puts it into the downloads folder on my raid array. Then I transfer it into the correct media folder on the same array, using either a windows 7 machine or one of my ubuntu 18.04 machines. The problem is that my transfer speeds while doing this start out at 50MB/s but quickly drop down to 20MB/s (within about 30 seconds). I have even tried transferring the files with midnight commander through SSH with the same result. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? Could it by caused by my raid settings? or by my SMB settings? Lots of fruitless googling has been done the last few days and I am stumped. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

edit: I have thought of a few more details. On all disks: I have my disk properties set at 127-intermediate power usage with standby. and write cache is enabled.

This also appears to only happen when transferring between different shares. If I transfer a file inside the same share it does it almost instantly.