Beiträge von cjfester

Excuse if the wrong place

What i doing?
    I have a online omv5 (5.6.12) NAS home server on a old pc, basic just for file sharing. Its not 100% but working (some issues i cant see in system boot about a /dev/missing - i dont tried to take log yet).
    Because of this problem i try install the new OMV6 (ok i know its not stable). I have my old install in a old hard disk in the server (/sda) and install the new version on a usb stick.
    install ok, old system ok.

But ...
    how i can import zfs pools from my old 5.6.12 into the new 6.0.19 without moving data from NAS -> other places then config a new pool (or other type os share/filesystem) and import data ??
    actual pools: data and backup, 10tb each. A lot of old hard disks that i give new life/use. Why? i dont have other 10tb space free for move data.

Then ...

q1. is that possible import zfs pools under the new version ?
    a1. yes: can any show how ?

a2. no: is planning to have?

q2. If i umount the disks from backup pool only giving me the space i need to move files, is a mergefs or unionfs in the new version to mount o bunch of disks ?? (i hate raid and the failures that occur with)

thanks, and excuse my noob questions

practically the same problems here.

I try to instal OMV on a "old" computer (probably the reason for choosing an opensource and dedicated file server system) to have the benefit, primarily, of the JBOD feature and enjoy several old hard disks. I try Unetbootin, Win32diskimager, etcher, liveusbcreator, Rufus, LiLi Usb creator and I did not succeed in booting the usb stick.

Changed usb 3.0, 3.1 and 2.0, forced into bios to recognizes one as cd-rom and other as Hdd, and the same. Uefi and legacy bios, the same. changed 4 different brands of usb sticks and the same. Im not a noob on this, but https://ufpr.dl.sourceforge.ne…ediavault_4.1.3-amd64.iso makes me think that there is something very wrong with the compatibility of this iso with other hardware than a dedicated supermicro board, ecc memories and so on.

My board is a Asus B250m plus, with 6 sata 3.0 ports, and a Intel Pentium G4560 3.5ghz, 16gb of corsair value selected 2133mhz. Its bios is updated to latest version (1010). Any other iso go fine.

When burned this iso on a cd/dvd media and boot up with a external usb dvd drive it works, BUT, when try to create partition on USB it say cannot create filesystem on this device. Again, 4 brands of usb stick, working perfectly on other systems, tested and verified as good sticks. Changed usb 3.0, 3.1 and 2.0, different ports (at the board - rear panel) and front (by chassis cable connect to mb).

Round 999873: try to install on a external hdd. No success, its say is a lack of bytes from the start position of disk (the disk is low formated and after deleted any partition - unformated). Again, other ISOs install fine on him.

Well, its a hardware issue? its a software issue? its the piece in front of computer?

If any says me to use a supermicro board, brand A, B or C of memory, sata boar X, Y, Z, hard disks specific for NAS, etc ... i just can say its better to buy a solution ready then, much more practical and at the end of the day, practically the same price (at least here in Brazil to import such pieces of hardware would make the DIY solution even more expensive than any other "ready").