Beiträge von peridian

Hi,

I have two VLANs, VLAN1 and VLAN2 each on their own subnet, with a pfSense firewall at the hub.

On VLAN1 are a number of consumer devices, and on VLAN2 are a pair of OMV4 systems with mini-DLNA installed. mini-DLNA uses two ports:

• TCP 8200: I assume this is the direct media transfer port, and so we only need a rule on VLAN1 interface allowing TCP traffic to destination on VLAN2 subnet port 8200.
    • UDP 1900: This is apparently the UPnP service discovery port.

The UDP is the part I don't understand how to configure.

• Do I need to allow port 1900 through the interface of VLAN1 and/or VLAN2?
    • Is the destination the subnet of the other VLAN, or the broadcast address (I believe this is 239.255.255.250)?
    • I thought a UDP broadcast could jump between subnets, is this the case? If not, what do I need to do to permit it?
    • Some posts talk about IGMP, is this even required? Do you not just need to permit the UDP broadcast?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Rob,

Hi,

I used to use a cron job to run an overnight rsync onto a USB drive to ensure there was a backup every day.

Since setting this up on OMV, I frequently find the backup is out of sync with the main drive. It does actually run but then seems to terminate part way through.

Is there a timeout on cron jobs in OMV? Should I be triggering rsync through an alternative mechanism?

The danger is that, as rsync doesn't intelligently understand about moved files, if I move an entire folder, rsync will start by deleting the entire backup folder, and then re-copying the new location contents, which if it times out part way through, means a large chunk of content may not actually have been backed up.

Regards,
    Rob.

Same result with the IP. The DNS resolves just fine, the "network name" in the error is a Samba error received from the server so it's not a networking issue.

I've also tried running omv-mkconf samba and performing a reboot of the system, but the share definitions section is still empty.

Rob.

Hi,

I'm trying to get OMV to replace an old Ubuntu Server NAS setup (more or less like for like).

I can successfully setup and add a shared folder definition in the web GUI, and it appears to apply the permissions to the folder path just fine.

I get the following error with smbclient:

sudo smbclient //host.domain/sharename --user=myuser

tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME

Initial search suggested it was a permissions issue with the folder permissions, but unless there's a special samba user that needs to be granted permissions, they look fine to me.

I have noticed however that the smb.conf file is missing anything under the share definitions section. I know some Linux systems use referenced files where the settings are maintained separately, but shouldn't the share definitions turn up in here on OMV?

Have I missed something?

Regards,
    Rob.