Beiträge von Kritta

https://mysite.com/onlyoffice won't work because mysite.com hosts a commercially-provided website, and I use a subdomain cloud.mysite.com to redirect traffic to a local server for NextCloud. If I browse using the IP address of the PC running OMV https://192.168.xxx.xxx/onlyoffice I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

I also had a look at the log from the onlyoffice docker container and It contains:

standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error"

Thanks for your suggestion and help... and the help you've provided to so many others too. :)

I have a question regarding [How-To] onlyoffice in nextcloud docker. This is an excellent guide, but does not have a Q&A, and one cannot reply to the original guide.

I followed the guide and all went as expected other than that the system doesn't work. When browse to nextcloud.mysite.com/onlyoffice it simply redirects to nextcloud.mysite.com (the standard nextcloud default page). I suspect this has something to do with the nginx config files, but I can't work out what. I am, incidently, using a subdomain for nextcloud... I use cloud.mysite.com for nextcloud. The nginx config file in the guide appears to be appropriate for subdirectory rather than subdomain. Any thoughts? Maybe we need a separate thread for a Q&A related to this How-To.

- Andrew

UPDATE:

The OnlyOffice docker image is not compatible with ARM-based single board computers. So, this will not work on Raspberry Pi, Odroid, etc. Maybe this could be added to the original guide.

I have OMV set up on an Odroid XU4 and it's working nicely. I have SMB shares set up, and I can read and write to them from other computers on the network. I can use the web interface without problems.

My problem is that I cannot get the OMV server to access any other computers. I cannot ping other computers from the commandline. When I try to do so I get 'Name or service not known'. I can get the OMV server to ping itself without a problem, but I cannot ping other machines.

I don't have any network interfaces listed in the OMV web.

Any ideas on how to tackle this?

Using External Storages

I'm having trouble using external storages under this setup. I can't add external shares via the Nextcloud interface - they just keep showing up with the red icon that suggests that the host is unreachable.

I am also unable to access the network share from within the nextcloud docker container using the command line:

Code
    root@MYMACHINE:~# docker exec -it nextcloud bash
    root@d9513a28f349:/# smbclient -L TARGETPC
    do_connect: Connection to TARGETPC failed (Error NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL)
    root@d9513a28f349:/#

From outside of the nextcloud container, I cannot use the smbclient command at all - command not found.

I'm not sure if this is an issue specific to this nextcloud setup, or if it is about networking or the broader OMV environment.

Any tips would be appreciated.

- Andrew

I've noticed that with this setup I cannot use SMB/CIFS as port 445 is already in use (by the nextcloud docker container, I think). After starting SMB/CIFS the syslog shows:

Code
    smbd[28610]: Error = Address already in use
    smbd[28610]: bind failed on port 445 socket_addr = ::.

Is it possible to use SMB with this configuration? How can I change that port after I have this whole setup up and running? If I stop the docker container (via the OMV interface), modify the port number, and then re-start it, would nextcloud continue to run okay? Or would that cause trouble?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

- Andrew

If you're using a subdomain other than "nextcloud" then you will also need to:

Edit nextcloud.subdomain.conf which is found in /srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk1/appdata/letsencrypt/nginx/proxy-confs (Change 'disk1' in the path to match your disk name.)

Change server_name nextcloud.*; to server_name yoursubdomain.*; where "yoursubdomain" is whatever subdomain you've chosen.

For example, I wanted NextCloud to be accessible at cloud.mysite.com, so I changed the line to become server_name cloud.*;. You can use whatever subdomain you like as long as you have the appropriate CNAME set up on your DNS records and you edit the server_name property in the file as mentioned above.

I also had to comment-out proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m; in the above-mentioned file. Prior to doing that I was seeing nginx: [emerg] "proxy_max_temp_file_size" directive invalid value in /config/nginx/proxy-confs/nextcloud.subdomain.conf:29 appear repeatedly in the letsencrypt docker log file. I don't know why this is.

Firstly, I have to say this is an excellent guide. Thanks very much for putting it all together and posting it. I'm impressed and grateful.

I followed the guide with the following modifications:

• The URL for letsencrypt was changed to cloud.mydomain.com. I added no subdomains. This is because http://www.mydomain.com is hosted by my ISP.
    • I added the internal IP of my server to the config.php file so that I could get to nextcloud internally via xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:445. This works okay.
    • I used the modifications in post 4 above to use the cloud.mydomain.com subdomain.

I can now access nextcloud via the internal IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:445.
    I cannot access nextcloud via cloud.mydomain.com. This returns ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.
    I can ping to cloud.mydomain.com and it returns the correct IP. Ports are forwarded as described in the guide.

If I clear the letsencrypt docker container log and restart the letsencrypt docker I get:

Is there anything obvious I'm doing wrong?

After I installed OMV, I came to this forum, searched for "install nextcloud" and I followed the guide that resulted. How was I supposed to know it was the "wrong guide"? (See the note below about that wording.) If it's so wrong, why not remove it? Saying that I should use Docker is helpful if I were to start over again, but it's not an answer to my question and it's no help to me, or anyone who followed the guide I've linked to. It seems you're being really unhelpful and rude to someone who has simply followed a guide that is a part of this forum. I appreciate that you many not have written or endorsed that guide, but I don't think such an obstinate response is warranted.

So... the question remains... can anything be done to get OMV to work with PHP7.3? Or is there a way to have OMV use PHP7.0 while also having NextCloud use PHP7.3? If the answer is no, just say so. If you don't know, just say so. Preferably politely.

Edit: The post above appears to have been edited to change "you followed the wrong guide" to "you followed an obsolete guide".

I am not missing the point of Docker. I get it. But Docker was not a part of the guide that I followed. As I said, it would have been great if the Docker advice had been included in that guide. But it was not. And now I have NextCloud installed without Docker. Saying that I ought to have used Docker is not helpful at this point.

I had set up OMV and installed NextCloud using a guide on this forum: NextCloud Instalation. It did not employ Docker.

I don't want to revert to PHP7.0 because it means I cannot use the latest version of NextCloud.

I'd like to understand why OMV is having this problem, and how to resolve it. I'm sure there are plenty of others who may have followed the same guide linked above, and are now in a similar situation. We follow the guide to installing NextCloud as is published in this forum, and then we can't update NextCloud because the latest version relies on PHP7.2+, and we can't update PHP because it breaks OMV. Stating that Docker exists to avoid this problem is great advice, and it would have been great if it was included in the original guide. But it wasn't. And it worked. So it's not very helpful so say we ought to have used Docker in the first place.

Can we have OMV use PHP7.0 and NextClous use PHP7.3? Any suggestions as to how to achieve that?

Or, better still, can we get OMV to work with newer versions of PHP? Surely that would be the ideal outcome. What is it about OMV that means that it is "tight" to whatever version of PHP that Debian ships with?

I've upgraded to PHP7.3 and run into trouble with OMV.

I can get the login page displayed, but after entering my credentials I get an error:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:140
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

Running from the command line interface omv-engined -dI get:

My php -modules are:

I wanted to upgrade PHP to enable me to use the latest updates to NextCloud. I previously had NextCloud running (without using Docker) and was happy with the setup. NextCloud started nagging about an upgrade, and that upgrade is not available with PHP7.0. The webserver is nginx. I think I've got that working okay because I can, at least, see the OMV login page.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Back to the original topic:

You can put the 'location' block inside the 'server' block... so you can just paste the location block in the extra options within the OMV/nginx add/edit server pop-up.

What does become a problem is that you cannot have more than one server listening on the same port. While this is possible in nginx (as long as only one is the default server), the OMV interface does not allow it.

I recently shut down OMV, removed the SD card (that it boots from) to create an image of it, and then put it back and re-started.

In addition to the SD card, there is a 8TB USB 3 drive attached. Upon re-start this drive did not mount, and I can't work out how to mount it.

The disk appears on the Storage/Disks page of the OMV interface:
    Device: /dev/sda
    Model: USB 3.0
    Serial Number: (is present)
    Vendor: N/A
    Capicity: 7.28TiB

On the Storage/File Systems page I have the SD card (two partitions are listed) and the following details for the missing drive:
    Device: /dev/disk/by-label/NAS01
    Label: (blank)
    Filesystem: ext4
    Total / Availavle / Used : all n/a
    Mounted: No
    Referenced: Yes

I can't work out how to resolve this. I am not using RAID at all.

blkid shows:

df -h shows:

And here's fstab:

Code
    UUID=d0da7bbe-e3af-4588-8715-aa5c4478eb88 / btrfs defaults,noatime,nodiratime,commit=600,compress=lzo 0 1
    UUID=5bab0a55-56f1-4443-8cac-297e1181425c /boot ext4 defaults,commit=600,errors=remount-ro 0 2
    tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,nosuid 0 0
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    /dev/disk/by-label/NAS01 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAS01 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAS01/OpenHabBackup /export/OpenHabBackup none bind,nofail 0 0
    # <<< [openmediavault]

The following bits from the Diagnostics / Report output may be relevant:

I have checked the drive physically - yes, it's plugged in, lights are working, etc... all seems normal.

I have tried several re-starts with no luck.

All OMV software is up to date (as managed by the update tab in OMV web interface).

The bottom line is a shut down the server (via the OMV web interface). While it was down I removed - and replaced - the SD card. Then on reboot, everything works, except that the USB3 drive is... "missing".

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this.

- Andrew

I'm trying to set up a reverse proxy so that subdomain.mydomain.com is redirected to another computer on my internal network.

I have a router that directs external requests on port 80 and 443 to my OMV/Nextcloud server. This works fine.

I have subdomain.mydomain.com set up correctly in the DNS. Browsing to it currently connect to my OMV/nextcloud server.

I am trying to configure a file in nginx that will achieve the reverse proxy.

I have tried adding the following code both to the end of the openmediavault-webgui file in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/ and also to a separate file in the same directory.

On both occasions nginx -t shows no errors, and I reload with nginx -s reload. When I browse to subdomain.mydomain.com I get the OMV login page.

I have tried the Add Server option via the nginx service page on the OMV webgui... but that causes an error when I try to apply the changes.

I can see that the nginx OMV page has added the following to the bottom of the zzz-omv-nginx file:

That causes nginx to fail because it's trying to access port 80 twice. Removing either (or both) of the listen commands doesn't work. I have to remove that code and sudo fuser -k 80/tcp to get nginx running again.

So - the nginx plugin doesn't add reverse proxy sites correctly... and I can't work out how to do it manually...

Any tips?

- Andrew