Beiträge von Rimsonatoaster

The read only file system message is really important because this means no files can be created. Can you post the output?

'Failed to bind socket: read-only file system
    Failed to bind socket: read-only file system'

You did not tell us what kind of hardware you have.

Assuming it is a X86 based device with with a CD-reader or USB:
    Boot a live CD/USB like systemrescuecd and let it repair your filesystem (fsck ...).

I should have mentioned it sooner, absolutely. I'm running this off an AMD 64-bit embedded board, and it's house inside a custom enclosure from Rite Aid. It's currently booting from a flash drive.

I shut down my newly-christened NAS in order to install new SATA cables, and now I'm getting this error whenever I log into OMV from the browser:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:140
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

I gave omv-engined -d -f a try and the result just said "Read Only File System" - which isn't necessarily an error code I guess. Any ideas on how I should move forward?

I have no idea how to install this driver. I'm running kernel 4.18, which I guess hasn't gotten support for the rtl8822bu chipset inside my new dongle. I've been able to git clone the driver repository so far, but every time I try to run make I get dunked on with error codes.

You may not get an answer, because I am confused by the above.
    If it's temporarily connected to Ethernet can you get to omv's gui?

Oh - I should have clarified. Yes I can get to the GUI. I've managed to set everything else I could ever want or need up with the exception of the wireless network interface.

I have run into a problem with the network interface addition process. I cannot get the name of my wireless network adapter to pop up under "device" and, despite having the correct login credentials to the wireless network, I cannot reach it from my system.

I built my own NAS for the purpose of running openmediavault, and I chose my own components instead of following a guide or any recommends builds. The whole thing is based off of a biostar a68n-5600 with an external wireless network adapter plugged into one of the USB ports. I'm trying to use Wi-Fi instead of ethernet because I can't dedicate and ethernet connection to my NAS - I have a pretty solid 300 mbps down connection as it is.

All of the support that I've seen for this problem so far has centered around raspberry Pi boards, which is dope because those are like the little train engines that could. However I don't understand what any of the guides or tutorials are talking about and I'm not particularly sure how relevant they are to my problem in the first place. if anybody here could help me out I would sincerely appreciate it.