Beiträge von ReaXion

Ahh Yes, uuid. Thanks for correcting me there. Used to MS' acronyms, and I honestly never knew there was a difference! TY. :)

I don't ever recall un-mounting the drive manually from the omv web admin. But I can't even remember how old I am half the time, so it wouldn't surprise me if I did and just didn't recall doing so.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have a general question about the remote mount plugin. Does anyone know what would cause the remote mount plugin to change the guid of a remote server mount?

I have an older Synology sharing large libraries of files (via remote mount NFS) to OMV, which I then use within docker containers in the path of /srv/GUID/share. In the past with OMV4, there were about 3 times where the GUID share path to those drives would change. No big deal, after figuring out why my dockers shares weren't working, I just went in and changed them to the proper path and everything was fine and dandy.

I have yet to experience this with OMV 5 at all and it's been rock solid ever since I've upgraded.

TLDR; Question: What would cause the GUID in the path of a remote mount (plugin) share via NFS to change? IE: /srv/GUIDchange/share?

I was thinking it was an update somewhere, but I haven't been able to pin point it and because it was an easy fix to just redo the path to the share within docker containers, I just never bothered to pin point it.