Beiträge von yugn

I noticed that both 'linux-image-xen-amd64' and 'linux-image-2.6-xen-amd64' are missing

Sorry to bring up this old thread. I found a proper answer to this problem.

linux-image-xen-amd64 package does not exist in Debian Wheezy, because the default kernel (linux-image-3.2.0-4-amd64) supports xen.Or in another word, "This kernel also runs on a Xen hypervisor. It supports both privileged (dom0) and unprivileged (domU) operation." (https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/linux-image-3.2.0-4-amd64)

I clean installed the new released OMV 2.1.7 stone burner yesterday in my Xen hypervisor. The OMV vm boots as pv out of box. ;)

I noticed that both 'linux-image-xen-amd64' and 'linux-image-2.6-xen-amd64' are missing.

Code
    apt-get install linux-image-2.6-xen-amd64

I had this error:

Zitat

Package linux-image-2.6-xen-amd64 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source

Could anyone give me some ideas?

Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

What netgear NAS? I can't find anything about this. I would think you would have to modify samba itself to do this.

It is Netgear Readynas duo. I can't recall where is the thread now. You have to log into SMB using admin account. And you will see extra folder "c" which is the root folder. You have to double click into "c" folder to navigate various folders,then perform copy-and-paste to enable local disk copy.

Sorry to bring up this old thread again. I also encountered this issue as simonp2. I then realized that the SMB TO SMB copy was actually gone through my laptop. It seems to me that this is a typical SMB implementation, that is, copy everything via NIC even if those SMB sharefolders are on the same disk.

I have a early model of Netgear NAS. I remember that Netgear actually implemented the SMB-to-SMB copy to bypass NIC if sharefolders are actually on the same disk(or same computer) but you have to log in the SMB using admin account. If you log in as guest, the NAS still handle SMB-to-SMB copy via NIC.

I just wonder if Volker can implement this feature in the future!

Zitat von "TomMuh"

Access to SMB without password works as long as I've created no user.

Once I create user xyz, when accessing a user password prompt is

Sorry my english is not the best

This is exactly what I found out after so many hours trying!

Very frustrated!!! Can't linux/Debrian implement a better SAMBA code to do such simple requirement? Too many options! Too many override rules!

This is my result. Anyone can explain please!?

Code
    root@VB-OMV:~# update-rc.d quota disable
    update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
    insserv: warning: current start rulevel(s) (empty) of  script 'quota' overwrites defaults (S).
    inserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 6 S) of script 'quota' overwrites defaults (0 6).

I had this problem recently with 0.4 OMV when the OMV guest (VBox 4.2) didn't shut down properly after window7 host slept. At first, I didn't know what happen and ended up remove the VM and recreated a clean VM. I did take a long long time to finish "checking quotas..."! very annoying~
    Thanks for the thread! I will try it today.

I found out a solution. I saw simular problem from the other group http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1186
    In WebGUI, Access Right Management->Users->Add a user, then assign Group user (default), root, admin, ssh to this user, and save.
    Connect OMV using PuTTY, log in using his user name and pw. (no access denied errorr)

Code
    sudo passwd root

After password, I successfully changed password for root. And now I had no problem to log in SSH using root.

I think this could be a bug!