Beiträge von yo_eddie

I think I have figured out what actually caused all the trouble - it started after generating / activating a "purge when full" filter, set to 70%. Though ZM had almost 2TB to write to, the filter seems to be dodgy:

• Capturing events did not work properly, some events were not recorded
    • After viewing a event, it was deleted instantly
    • It looks like the filter did not only delete the clips, but ran amok on my system

Maybe I have configured the filter the wrong way or maybe there were some other config effects - but without this filter everything seems to work just fine.
    As the ZM manual states - be careful with the "Purge when full" filter. Seems to be even more important if you run ZM with OMV...

8o

Webinterface working now. :thumbup:

Now I have to workout how to get Docker back into the OMV interface. Docker is still running, as is Zoneminder.
    I really would like to know how all this trouble was caused. Until I installed Docker / ZM I never had any issues with OMV 4.

The kernels and omv-extras have nothing to do with omv-firstaid. if omv-firstaid doesn't exist, that means the openmediavault package itself is not installed (or completely installed). What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

If the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml database is gone, your config is gone. You could restore from backup if you have one. Raid data will not be removed because of OMV being uninstalled. The data disks should be untouched. If you have to reinstall OMV, just mount the filesystems, recreate users and shared folders, and setup services again.

Thank you for your help!

The output looks like this (not good):

Code
    root@Servomat:~# systemctl status openmediavault-engined
    ● openmediavault-engined.service
       Loaded: masked (/dev/null; bad)
       Active: inactive (dead)

Had Openmediavault up and running, then installed docker and zoneminder, everything was fine. Played around with zoneminder yesterday and at some point the openmediavault web interface was gone. Looking at /var/www/openmediavault showed that the directory was empty - all the php files where gone 8|

And even worse:

Code
    root@Servomat:~# omv-firstaid
    -bash: omv-firstaid: command not found.

So ist looks like path or binaries got messed up, too. I just don't have a clue what's going on here...

Edit: Zoneminder is up and running, and as it is running as a docker image and docker is installed to OMV, this seems to be even more strange :S

Thanks for reading...

You have no DNS server specified! Network -> Interface -> Select yours -> Edit scroll down and add a public DNS server.

Exactly. Added the nameserver, works. I am only a bit confused, because before the installation of Docker the internet access worked...
    So this is the working config:

So I installed Zoneminder using docker following "Techno dad's" advice on youtube. Since then I can't get the internet access of OMV to work. apt-get update does not work anymore, though I did not change anything else :/
    Any ideas?

My network conf:

ifconfig says:

And finally route:

Code
    default         192.168.2.1     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eno1
    172.17.0.0      0.0.0.0         255.255.0.0     U     0      0        0 docker0
    192.168.2.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eno1