Posts by spupuz

And also have tried

Code
    apt --fix-broken install

In console

hi d13m i had to force upgrade packages:

5.0.6 is in the repos. Not sure if it will uninstall the old 0.8.6 packages. So, they may need to be manually uninstalled.

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# dpkg -l | grep zfs
    ii libzfs3linux 2.0.3-pve1 amd64 OpenZFS filesystem library for Linux
    ii libzfs4linux 2.0.3-1~bpo10+1 amd64 OpenZFS filesystem library for Linux
    rc openmediavault-zfs 5.0.5 amd64 OpenMediaVault plugin for ZFS
    ii zfs-dkms 2.0.3-1~bpo10+1 all OpenZFS filesystem kernel modules for Linux
    ii zfs-initramfs 2.0.3-pve1 all OpenZFS root filesystem capabilities for Linux - initramfs
    ii zfs-zed 2.0.3-pve1 amd64 OpenZFS Event Daemon
    ii zfsutils-linux 2.0.3-pve1 amd64 command-line tools to manage OpenZFS filesystems

do i need to uninstall the 5.0.5 ??

ok i was just trying to reply with that. :D

From the plugin list or apt-get install openmediavault-zfs

can't reinstall it

root@openmediavault:~# apt-get install openmediavault-zfs

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have

requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable

distribution that some required packages have not yet been created

or been moved out of Incoming.

The following information may help to resolve the situation:

Code
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openmediavault-zfs : Depends: libnvpair1linux but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: libuutil1linux but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: libzfs2linux but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: libzpool2linux but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I have done a fresh install of OMV 5.6.0-1 and changed kernel to Linux 5.4.98-1-pve. When attempting to install ZFS plugin I receive the above errors.

problem is that i have upgrade i don't have the plugin anymore but now i have errors on file system pane and shared folders

I've just run dkms status on my VN and got this, the problem appears after the install of dkms 2.03 but with 2.02 everything works, plugin, file system, shared folders

Code
    dkms status
    zfs, 2.0.3, 5.4.98-1-pve, x86_64: installed (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!)

so you reverted? are you testing it on a vm?

I've just run dkms status on my VN and got this, the problem appears after the install of dkms 2.03 but with 2.02 everything works, plugin, file system, shared folders

Code
    dkms status
    zfs, 2.0.3, 5.4.98-1-pve, x86_64: installed (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!)

same here error in shared folder and file system i don't have any more the zfs-plugin installed

Where did you get 2.02? My zfs-dkms is at 0.7.12 !!!!

After all the messing about, I only have two options under "update Management -> Install from updates" which are "Pre-release" and "Community-maintained" .. backports is now AWOL.

Code
    ~# apt list zfs-dkms
    zfs-dkms/stable 0.7.12-2+deb10u2 all [residual-config]
    Code
    root@openmediavault:~# apt list zfs-dkms
    Listing... Done
    zfs-dkms/buster-backports,now 2.0.3-1~bpo10+1 all [installed]
    N: There is 1 additional version. Please use the '-a' switch to see it

i forced overwrite of packages now all is fine and zpool is upgraded but i got this error in interface and no zfs-plugin is available i don't care about zfs-plugin but how to solve the error on the filesystem pane?

ryecoaaron how can i solve it?

i forced overwrite of packages now all is fine and zpool is upgraded but i got this error in interface and no zfs-plugin is available i don't care about zfs-plugin but how to solve the error on the filesystem pane?

ryecoaaron how can i solve it?

i have the same problem:

what should i do?

i got this error while updating ryecoaaron what can i do?