Beiträge von EvilOnion

Thank you.

I was wondering about all those additional options and I don't really know this means for example: " [-BdqrRf] [-c <ioprio_class> -n <ioprio_classdata>] <path>|<device> "

I've set it up to just do btrfs scrub on the first day of each month at 10 o'clock, with btrfs status following the next day. It's just a single wd red with 4tb and 2 partitions, so I hope it'll be fast.

I was playing around with the btrfs tool under ssh before, but it just always returned btrfs scrub start with "too few parameters" and since I had no idea I thought it might be better to ask.

However, if btrfs scrub works in the gui I'm happy. :)

Hey,

I'm pretty happy so far with my Odroid HC2 and OpenMediaVault.

However I've read that when using BTRFS as a file system you should do regular scrub jobs. I was swayed by the idea of a self-heling file system, so I thought I wouldn't have to do anything.
    Now I feel rather scared and I would like to automate the scrub. But I can't find any tutorial or example on how to do it.

So how do I create an automatic scrub in the gui for btrfs on 4.1.14-1 every 14 days?

Best regards

I tried to use an Ubuntu on a usb flash drive, but it wouldn't let me write on the partition ... odd

So I tried to use the wget function and it worked like a charm. Thanks.

However, now my very limited knowledge about the structure of Linux is catching up to me and I don't know how to make it display the version of the firmware and before I flash it would certainly be good to know what firmware is already installed.

root@odroid:~# ./JMS578FwUpdate -d /dev/sda -v should display it, with sda being the partition label I assume.

For me this should either be /dev/mmcblk1p1 or /dev/mmcblk1p2 I guess.

However it just Returns: error: ioctl fail, errno 22

On the bright side this exercise really helps me to get a little bit more familiar with Linux, which I was planning for a long time, but never did :)

Edit: Apparently the sata controller is only active if a sata drive is connected. ./JMS578FwUpdate -d /dev/sda1 -v displays version v173.1.0.1. So it is already the current firmware.

Anyway this was a great learning experience and getting less afraid of actually using Linux and associated functions and tools.

Many thanks to everyone who replied. :)

Hey thanks,
    I went through the thread and the odroid wiki, but I don't understand how to upload the firmware updater for the sata controller to the HC2.

"
    Download JMS578 F/W updater and upload it to your HC1, HC2 and USB3.0 to SATA Bridge Board Plus
    jms578fwupdater.tgz

root@odroid:~# ls
    JMS578FwUpdater.tgz
    root@odroid:~# tar xzf JMS578FwUpdater.tgz
    root@odroid:~# ls -l
    total 308
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Nov 1 05:34 JMS578FwUpdater
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 309402 Nov 1 05:35 JMS578FwUpdater.tgz
    root@odroid:~# cd JMS578FwUpdater
    root@odroid:~/JMS578FwUpdater# ls -l
    total 4648
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 50688 Nov 1 14:34 JMS578-v0.1.0.5.bin
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4130828 Apr 19 12:06 JMS578FwUpdate
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 519032 Nov 1 14:34 JMS578FwUpdate.v1.00
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 50688 Dec 5 10:36 JMS578_Hardkernel_v173.01.00.01.bin
    root@odroid:~/JMS578FwUpdater#

root@odroid:~# ./JMS578FwUpdate -d /dev/sda -f ./JMS578_Hardkernel_v173.01.00.01.bin -b ./backup.bin -t 5
    Update Firmware file name: ./JMS578_Hardkernel_v173.01.00.01.bin
    Backup Firmware file name: ./backup.bin
    Auto spin-down timer: 5 min.
    Backup the ROM code successfully.
    Programming & Compare Success!
    "
    Since I don't have experience with these commands (I just read about them), I assume that you have to put the tgz file on the microsd card, either under /dev/mmcblk1p1 or mmcblk1p2 then "unzip" it.
    Then execute the JMS578FwUpdate file in the ./ folder. Since I don't really want any spindown I'd set it to -t 0. (heard spindown isn't that healthy for a drive, though honestly, I don't care too much about it)

The main issue is how to get the file on the microsd card. Seems like a minor issue to many probably, but since I don't have any experience with Linux I find it rather odd, since I can't access the microsd card under Windows and have no idea how to get the file there.

Hey,

I'm having issues with my OMV 4.1.14-1. and Odroid HC2 with ext4 partitions on a WD Red.
    I'm very new to it and I completely lack most knowledge about Linux.
    I am using an Odroid HC2 with a WD Red 4TB, partitioned via SSH and the internal Debian (Armian?) tool into 2 ext4 partitions.
    However, booting sometimes fails, or takes soo long that I perceive it to be failed (so I disconnect the power) and when it finally does boot the partitions are unmounted and 2 partitions are missing and named rather odd ( /dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD40EFRX-....-part1 and -part2)
    The naming suggests it is my WD Red, which is still connected and 2 "normal" partitions on the WD Red are also available, but not mounted initially.
    Is the issue anything to worry about? Does the HC2 fail to boot or is s.m.a.r.t. or anything else causing it to just take far too long?

I'd be happy for some insight.