Posts by akurzawa

Hi

Here is the description of the issue: how to setup ftp share with access to user1 and user2 and permissions - the folder structure is as below:

FTP-Folder\Folder\ and inside:
    \Folder1
    \Folder2

What I can do is assign access to Folder1 for User1 and similarly Folder2 for User2 - that's the easy part.

Now the problem: User1 can delete Folder2 and User2 can delete Folder1- how prevent this situation? Despite the User1 don't have any access to Folder2 or even when he have noaccess checked on Folder2 he can delete entire Folder2.

Error during folder creation, any ideas how to fix it?

Code
    The configuration object 'conf.system.sharedfolder' with the filter '{"operator":"and","arg0":{"operator":"stringEquals","arg0":"mntentref","arg1":"a09c3318-b63c-4eae-a7f7-7de7e49d2d76"},"arg1":{"operator":"stringEquals","arg0":"reldirpath","arg1":"Profile\/"}}' is not unique.

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\AssertException: The configuration object 'conf.system.sharedfolder' with the filter '{"operator":"and","arg0":{"operator":"stringEquals","arg0":"mntentref","arg1":"a09c3318-b63c-4eae-a7f7-7de7e49d2d76"},"arg1":{"operator":"stringEquals","arg0":"reldirpath","arg1":"Profile\/"}}' is not unique. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:513
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(291): OMV\Config\Database->assertIsUniqueByFilter(Object(OMV\Config\ConfigObject), Array)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->set(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'set', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

Hi

I cannot delete folder which not shared (its was created in shared folders)

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-temp.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for sharedfolders-temp.mount failed. See "systemctl status sharedfolders-temp.mount" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

even examples from doucmentation are not working:

Example outputs:
    # <name>;<uid>;<comment>;<email>;<password>;<shell>;<group,group,...>;<disallowusermod>user1;1001;user1;user1@myserver.com;password1;/bin/bash;sudo;1user2;1002;user2;user2@my.com;password2;/bin/sh;;0user3;1003;user3;user3@example.com;password3;/bin/false;;1user4;1004;user4;user4@test.com;password4;;;1user4;1004;user4;user4@test.com;password4;;;1 :

Code
    Invalid line: user4;1004;user4;user4@test.com;password4;;;1

OK i've updated everthing

still cannot import user:

Code
    # <name>;<uid>;<comment>;<email>;<password>;<shell>;<group,group,...>;<disallowusermod>
    user.name;;;password;;;

user.name;;;password;;; is enough to create user with password?

hi

I can't manage to import users from csv

the synax is: # <name>;<uid>;<comment>;<email>;<password>;<group,group,...>;<disallowusermod>

but what is uid?

i've try to run this but I've got an error

user.name;1;comment;email;password;group

Hi

in this forum I've found few "tutorials" that users writes, about joining OMV to domain - to use Active Directory users in OMV. But most of them are old, and some of them are not working for some peoples an so on.

I want to ask if there will be native connection OMV to Active Directory ? native I mean function in GUI so it will be easy for non linux experts to do so. Also that would exclude human error during some console stuff. Integrated solution would keep integrity after OMV upgrade, becouse home-made solutions may stop working after OMV update/upgrade.

So will it be available in next release? via native gui or plugin? or no plans at all to do this? This is quite important for me because I've chosen to run OMV in production environment and unfortunately I haven't noticed that OMV does not support AD integration out of box.

Which file is meant? The file a user has created by himself in the folder or by another user? If a file is created by a user in a folder this user is always be able do delete it. Otherwise it is possible to prevent a user to delete a file in a folder which is created by another user. In this case you will have to deal with diffente Samba MASK settings and other nice things.

on ntfs I can easly create permision where user can create files, but can't delete files - is this possible on linux?

hi

how to realize advanced permission scenario to subfodler in share? using gui I can quite simply set permisions to subfolder using NA,RO,RW permissions, but what if I want to create scenario where user can write data to folder, but cant delete file? Do I have to do it manually from console or is there a way to do it using GUI?

reset web password using omv-firstaid does not work

I've selected option nr. 3 "change control panel admin pass" -> new pass > output:

Code
    Updating control panel administrator password. Please wait ...
    The control panel administrator password was successfully changed.

BUT the new password does not work, I'm unable to login to web panel

111111111111111111.PNG

Can someone take a look on that - is here something to worry about? (new to omv)

OMG is this a joke? This is the failure of this system. Wow I didn't expected that - I've working on numerous file system appliances, but I can't remember that any of them would not have ability to save and restore config. I was planning to put OMV on production but I need to reconsider that - previously I was thinking of FreeNas - which of course have ability to backup and restore config. Omg I can't believe that programmers of OMV didn't think of creating/restoring config. This is fail.