Beiträge von goatmax

Interesting, it is a Gigabyte board, never had this issue before now tho.
    Would try the f1 button trick, but I've just slung it all back down in the basement - so it's case closed now, at least for the time being!

Thanks for the reply,
    the weird thing is I was already running omv4 ( upgraded from a way earlier version) on an ssd before with no probs and the board was a headless crypto mining machine in a previous life with no worries there either!
    Anyway did some more googling and have decided I'll have to leave the card in this time as like you say, it's a bit of a niche situation!

Hi,
    I've been a happy user of OMV for several years now, had my 990fx / sempron 190x2 setup running fine with no video card fitted (removed it once all up and running in basement to reduce power consumption).
    Now since re-installing on new ssd Ive got things sorted again, but soon as I remove the video card from pcie the system will boot making a new video card not found noise, then a minute later the beeps telling me OMV has fired up as usual ( I think), BUT cannot log in with putty by ssh or on the gui. Fit card and all works again.
    I have googled and see that I "should" need a video card to post, but can't work out why it used to work fine. Looked in BIOS can't see anything obvious.
    Can anyone offer advice please?
    I should add that I am far from skilled in this area (which may already be obvious)! :D