Beiträge von kiwijunglist

Hi

I tried the e2label command but now i seem to have two srv subdirectories for one single HDD

i had a directory called
    '/srv/disk-bylabel-3TB'
    which corresponds to a single HDD called /dev/sdc1

and i used
    # e2label /dev/sdc1 3TBE

now i have two direcotories
    '/srv/disk-bylabel-3TB'
    and
    '/srv/disk-bylabel-3TB'

what gives? how do i fix this?

how should i go about shifting all my data from NTFS to EXT4?

currently i've SSH'd into OMV and just using the mv command to move files from one srv/volume (ntfs) to another srv/volume (ext4)

Then when the NTFS volume is empty i plan to delete and reformat it, then repeat the process over all 10x HDD.

Hi

I just installed OMV using the guide here:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I installed onto 500GB SSD and I have a 10x pre-populated ntfs HDDs.

I'd like to setup shared folder on the SSD (OMV installation drive) for app data etc... as per the guide.

Unfortunately I can't mount select the SSD (device) to add shared folder (see photo)

Is it a bad idea to do shared folder on the system drive, it's just that it is a 500GB SSD so I only wanted to use a small amount for OMV and have the rest as an a share that doesn't sleep for frequently used files.

Thanks