Beiträge von Bigf

I use the timetable option to shut down every midnight and I use wol to start the omv box every time I need it. So it's not completely off power. That's the reason I was wondering about the rescans.

I always realized the rescan because I could't access my music files immediately, every time I just wanted to listen to music. The main problem probably was the incredible picture "mess" :lol: of my wife - about a 40000 files total jpeg chaos. I deleted the scan directory and told her to clean it. With my own files the rescan is done in a few seconds. So I really can recommend - you better don't give your wife(s) any server access...

I had minidlna on a synology diskstation before, and i think it didn't make a rescan on every startup. At least it might have done a rescan to renew the database, but all the files were accessable immediately after boot. Now minidlna seems to rebuild the database and I have to wait about 10 minutes to get file access. That shouldn't be normal in my opinion?

I've go a little problem with my new installed stable version of minidlna. Almost everything works perfectly except of a full rescan on every server wakeup. It seems like it looses the database and does a rescan as a result of that, because I cannot access the server files before the rescan is done. Any idea what might cause that problem? Openmediavault is installed on a N54L micoserver with everything up to date. Thanks.