I just changed my Nas to OMVtwo weeks ago. Here is what I learned so far:
- I installed two (empty) Harddisks (to be configured as RAID)
- The OMV system eas installed on a 128GB USB Stick.
- Using the web interface the two harddisks were configured as RAID (Mirror), formatted and the first File system was created
- Thereafter I started copying the first Data (only a few) from the old NAS to the OMV and checked that everything turned out find. I did!
Then I installed a different version of OMV onto the USB stick to see what happens:
The good news is:
- The Raid is still there
- The file system however shows empty, but if you create a new file system with the same folder name as before, all your copied files appear again.
I did about 6 new installations witout any data loss.