Beiträge von graham-r

I shall try the -L option - you add it to the list of options in the rsync call - these get passed to the remote rsync server (AFAIK anyway).

My understanding of the -L is when copying/syncing folders/files as found in the list of things to sync, the destination (home/etc) folder is a symlink but not quite in the same way as the files to be sync'd.

The reason for using symlinks from the home directory is for convenience and simplicity - if the destination folder/drive/etc is ever changed then a simple symlink update is all that is needed to restore order. This doesn't really work in M$ Windows, or at least it never used to - but as I don't use tit I am not affected.

I shall try the -L idea tomorrow - thanks for the suggestion

I edited my first reply to say that In both cases the '/home(s)/graham/media' is a symlink - quite possible you did not see that.

Mind you I have found a folder of junk that shouldn't be in my home - so that has helped a bit.

Now all that is in my home are symlinks

lrwxrwxrwx 1 graham users 22 Feb 22 10:54 bin -> /home/graham/work/bin/
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 graham users 33 Jan 31 17:16 media -> /sharedfolders/RP64D1Media/media/
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 graham users 31 Jan 31 17:15 work -> /sharedfolders/RP64D1Work/work/

Certainly I can

I still have the Qnap - I use this and the OMV/RockPro64 together (the RockPro64 has yet to convince me that it is a keeper ! )

All my rsync jobs are controlled by a sync script that is called with the desired params, see below

This is the RockPro rsync command - this has the OMV running on it

/usr/bin/rsync -rlptDuv -e /usr/bin/ssh --progress /home/graham/media/ graham@rock:/home/graham/media

Here is the Qnap rsync line

/usr/bin/rsync -rlptDuv -e /usr/bin/ssh --progress /home/graham/media/ graham@qnap:/share/homes/graham/media

As you can see they are almost identical - as would be expected using the same sync script - I have been using this script for many years with no problems until the OMV/RP64 came along !

In both cases the '/home(s)/graham/media' is a symlink to the hard disk so nothing should be getting copied to the SD card on the RP64.

If you have any suggestions I would be most grateful

I am directly rsync-ing some large files (30+gb) to the hard disk - but the system still keeps on caching the stream on the SD card

No ideas why - this used to happen on a HP Unix system 25 years ago when the kernel used to get flooded by input.

The emails I get are like

Description: space usage 92.2% matches resource limit [space usage>85.0%]

Why does the OVM system not simply follow the symlink directly and not appear to store the data on the SD card ($HOME) first - seems a bit strange.

Does anyone have a better solution than increasing the Resource Limit to 90%

Is this a 'bug' that needs to be fixed ?

My old QNAP 219 never had this problem (!)

Thanks

Graham