Beiträge von mfarmwald

So what am I doing wrong? Same system & drive works fine with Windows 10 and with FreeNAS.
    I use the "File Systems" tab to create a ext4 file system using a single Seagate 8TB drive. The creation takes hours, and the resulting file system isn't recognized or mounted by OMV.
    The system is a AMD motherboard, with a SAS9201-16i HBA card. Pretty standard and has no problems with Windows 10 or FreeNAS.
    I'll try a smaller, non-shingled drive. Also, I can reinstall OMV and see if something is wrong.

I have a system with a LSI SAS controller (9201-16i, I think) and a bunch of 8TB Seagate shingled drives which works fine with Windows and with FreeNAS. I don't use RAID, only JBOD.
    When I try to use OpenMediaVault (latest released version) I can't seem to format even a single Seagate drive. I've try ext4 multiple times (using the GUI) and others at least once. The format takes hours and then won't mount.
    With Windows 10 (NTFS) or FreeNAS (ZFS), formatting takes a few seconds and the drives are completely reliable (I have run lots of drives continuously for the last two years with only a single HW failure.)
    Should I just give up on OpenMediaVault for now or am I doing something wrong? I liked the idea of using a standard Linux but maybe it won't work with these drives.