Beiträge von bizass

3+ years later, time to step up to OMV 4.x

The Hardware

Pretty much the same, HDs have been swapped out:
    HP Proliant G7 Microserver N54L
    4 GB RAM
    1x 80GB 2.5" HDD (Old laptop drive for OS)
    3x 3TB WD "Red" NAS drives

The Install

1. Download the OMV ISO
    2. Format a USB stick with FAT32 (NTFS will not work, even if you try it 10 times)
    3. Use Unetbootin to burn the ISO to the USB stick - unetbootin.github.io/
    4. Remove data disks from server (I left them in for the rebuild, just make sure to select the right disk during install)
    5. Boot off the USB stick and install OMV
    6. Shut down and remove USB stick
    7. Install data disks in server
    8. Power on

Initial Setup

1. Login to the webpage using whatever IP you gave it in setup. ID/PW: admin/openmediavault
    2. System/General Settings -> Web Administrator Password -> Enter new password and save
    3. System/General Settings -> Web Administration -> Change port from 80 to 8080 and save, Click apply when prompted
    4. Close page and reopen - whatever.your.ip.is:8080
    5. System/Date and Time -> Set time zone and enable NTP
    6. System/Update Manager -> Check, select all updates, update
    7. Storage/Physical Disks -> Make sure all drives show up here
    8. Storage/Raid Management -> Create a RAID, make a note of the Device name (ex: /dev/md127) (My RAID showed up from the previous install)
    9. Storage/File Systems -> Mount the Device, click Apply when prompted
    10. Service/SSH -> Checkmark Enable, click Save, click Apply when prompted

Enable Plugins/Add stuff
    1. Enable Plugins - http://omv-extras.org/joomla/index.php/guides
    2. System/Plugins -> Checkmark openmediavault-omvextrasorg 4.1.15 and click Install
    3. Mine failed, had to SSH in and run dpkg --configure -a and try again
    3. System/OMV-Extras.org -> checkmark Download Managers, click Save, click Apply when prompted

Auto-Mount RAID Array
    1. Use putty to SSH to your server and login with root
    2. Type: ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid
    3. Copy the UUID corresponding to your RAID Device (ex: md127)
    4. Type: mkdir /mnt/data
    5. Type: nano /etc/fstab
    6. Add the line: (replacing UUID with what you copied above)
    UUID=12345678-9ABC-DEF0-1234-56789ABCDEF0 /mnt/data ext4 defaults 0 2
    7. Save and reboot

This caused issues, don't do it

Share Folders
    1. Access Rights Management/Shared Folders, Add Folders as needed
    2. Services/SMB/CIFS -> Settings, checkmark Enable, click Save, click Apply when prompted
    3. Services/SMB/CIFS -> Shares, add in the Shares

Web Server
    1. System/Plugins -> checkmark openmediavault-nginx 4.0.3, click Install
    2. Services/Nginx (websites) -> Servers, add server and settings
    3. Services/Nginx (websites) -> Settings, checkmark enable, click Save, click Apply when prompted
    4. Test webserver

MiniDLNA
    1. System/Plugins -> checkmark openmediavault-minidlna 3.3.11, click Install
    2. Services/DLNA -> Shares, add Shared Folder, click Apply when prompted
    3. Services/DLNA -> Settings, click on Enable, click Save, click Apply when prompted

Subsonic
    (No plugin for omv 4.x yet)
    ssh in
    apt-get install openjdk-8-jre-headless
    cd /tmp
    wget https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws…c-6.1.5-standalone.tar.gz
    mkdir /subsonic
    tar -xzf subsonic-6.1.5-standalone.tar.gz -C /subsonic
    cd /subsonic
    chmod 777 /subsonic/subsonic.sh
    ./subsonic.sh

Login to subsonic (ipaddress:4040) with admin/admin
    change admin password
    If you've create an OMV shared folder, you can set it in Subsonic using the name: /sharedfolders/<folder name> ex: /sharedfolders/music

In OMV, System\Scheduled Jobs
    Add a job
    time of execution: At reboot
    command: /subsonic/subsonic.sh

Subsonic should now start after a reboot.

CrashPlan
    1. Follow thread here: Crashplan / Owncloud
    2. Updated file location: wget download.code42.com/installs/l…CrashPlan_4.3.0_Linux.tgz

Crashplan prices skyrocketed, I no longer use it.

Doh! Thanks, it was there.

Unfortunately, I still get errors almost every time I click on the plugin. Should there be buttons to switch from Normal to Beta versions or does it take an uninstall/reinstall of the plugin?

Thanks, probably a dumb question, but how do I upgrade a plugin?

It shows 1.0.8 installed, if I select the testing repository, it shows 1.0.10 as installed. No option to upgrade, just uninstall.

I had OMV 0.5.x up and running on my N54L for a year with no issues. Then I decided to upgrade to the latest version, and long story short, hosed it up.

Time for a rebuild!

This will just be a post so I can jot down how I built it, so when I hose it up later on, I've got something to look back on. As opposed to scratching my head at 2 AM, wondering why something isn't working.

If it helps anyone else out, then great. Comments/suggestions/critiques are welcomed.

Standard disclaimer applies - Use at your own risk

The Hardware

HP Proliant G7 Microserver N54L
    4 GB RAM
    1x 72GB 2.5" HDD (Old laptop drive for OS)
    2x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7.2K HDD (to be replaced/upgraded later)

The 2.5" drive is in a 5.25" to 2.5" adapter mounted where the CD-ROM would be and using the CD-ROM SATA port on the board

Modified BIOS - http://terfmop.co.uk/blog/2013…g-sata-and-5th-sata-port/
    Hot Swap + 5th Drive Full SATA - http://terfmop.co.uk/blog/2013…54l-proliant-microserver/

I'm running Windows 10, which blocked the HP utility from running. I used FileUnsigner to remove the digital signature from the executables - http://www.fluxbytes.com/softw…leases/fileunsigner-v1-0/

The Install

1. Download the OMV ISO
    2. Format a USB stick with FAT32 (NTFS will not work, even if you try it 10 times, see my 2AM comment above)
    3. Use Unetbootin to burn the ISO to the USB stick - http://unetbootin.github.io/
    4. Remove data disks from server
    5. Boot off the USB stick and install OMV
    6. Shut down
    7. Install data disks in server
    8. Power on

Initial Setup

1. Login to the webpage using whatever IP you gave it in setup. ID/PW: admin/openmediavault
    2. System/General Settings -> Web Administrator Password -> Enter new password and save
    3. System/General Settings -> Web Administration -> Change port from 80 to 8080 and save, Click apply when prompted
    4. Close page and reopen - http://whatever.your.ip.is:8080
    5. System/Date and Time -> Set time zone and enable NTP
    6. System/Update Manager -> Check, select all updates, update
    7. Storage/Physical Disks -> Make sure all drives show up here
    8. Storage/Raid Management -> Create a RAID, make a note of the Device name (ex: /dev/md127)
    9. Storage/File Systems -> Mount the Device, click Apply when prompted
    10. Service/SSH -> Checkmark Enable, click Save, click Apply when prompted

Enable Plugins/Add stuff
    1. Enable Plugins - http://omv-extras.org/simple/i…install-omv-extras-plugin
    2. System/Plugins -> Checkmark openmediavault-omvextrasorg 1.xx and click Install
    3. System/OMV-Extras.org -> checkmark Download Managers, click Save, click Apply when prompted

Auto-Mount RAID Array
    1. Use putty to SSH to your server and login with root
    2. Type: ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid
    3. Copy the UUID corresponding to your RAID Device (ex: md127)
    4. Type: mkdir /mnt/data
    5. Type: nano /etc/fstab
    6. Add the line: (replacing UUID with what you copied above)
    UUID=12345678-9ABC-DEF0-1234-56789ABCDEF0 /mnt/data ext4 defaults 0 2
    7. Save and reboot

Share Folders
    1. Access Rights Management/Shared Folders, Add Folders as needed
    2. Services/SMB/CIFS -> Settings, checkmark Enable, click Save, click Apply when prompted
    3. Services/SMB/CIFS -> Shares, add in the Shares

Web Server
    1. System/Plugins -> checkmark openmediavault-nginx 2.0-2, click Install
    2. Services/Nginx (websites) -> Servers, add server and settings
    3. Services/Nginx (websites) -> Settings, checkmark enable, click Save, click Apply when prompted
    4. Test webserver

MiniDLNA
    1. System/Plugins -> checkmark openmediavault-nginx 2.0-2, click Install
    2. Services/DLNA -> Shares, add Shared Folder, click Apply when prompted
    3. Services/DLNA -> Settings, click on Enable, click Save, click Apply when prompted

Subsonic
    1. System/Plugins -> checkmark openmediavault-subsonic 1.0.8, click Install
    2. Service/Subsonic -> Curse as you get errors, then read my thread here: Subsonic Install Issue

CrashPlan
    1. Follow thread here: Crashplan / Owncloud
    2. Updated file location: wget https://download.code42.com/in…CrashPlan_4.3.0_Linux.tgz

At this point, I've got everything back to the way it was before the rebuild, but the 3TB of space is almost used.

I've got 3x 3TB WD RED drives ready to go in as a RAID 5, just need to figure out how I'm going to do it.

- John

On a fresh build of 2.0 I am trying to install subsonic through the plugin, but I get errors and it doesn't install.

Here's what I've done:

Installed openmediavault-subsonic 1.0.8
    Go to Services\Subsonic, spinning circle for a second and then I will randomly get 1 of 2 errors or no error

Error 1:

Error 2:

If I click OK on the error, one of two things will happen:
    1. the port is 4040, the Version info is blank, and the Normal/Beta install buttons are NOT there.
    2. the port is 0, the Version Info says "No version is installed yet, click the update button for the version you require", and the Update buttons are there

If I view the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file, it has a subsonic section with the port as 0 and msg as No version is installed yet

If I click on Normal Update, I get the confirmation asking if I want to Update/Downgrade SubSonic, I click OK, the spinning circle says Loading, then nothing happens, I'm back to the plugin screen, it doesn't install.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling at least 10 times. I thought maybe it was a permissions issue and I set rwx for all users on the config.xml file, but that made no difference.

If I SSH in and do a ls -l /tmp there will be a subsonic-5.2.1 file in there (NOT a .deb file) This only shows up after I click on Normal Update
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 49092 Aug 28 20:35 subsonic-5.2.1

*UPDATE*

If I click on Beta Update, nothing happens, but if I do a ls -l /tmp, I can see a subsonic-5.3.beta2.deb file being downloaded, and then it does install (with no notification). Version info gets updated to "Current version is 5.3.beta2, there is no new update available."

I still get errors opening the Subsonic service, but I am able change the port and enable the service with Beta installed

tldr - I get errors almost every time I click on the Subsonic service section (9 times out of 10) and Normal Update does not work. Beta Update does, but it's a silent install.