Beiträge von deejc

i used the install.txt instructions in the /opt/domoticz folder and this link

but since investigating further it seems that domoticz is a little more immature than the vera OS i am using on the vera with regards to plugins and non supported devices so i will probably stick with my vera for now.

Hello,
    installed the plugin, went to the domitcz website and googled how to build / upgrade and followed the instructions and i now have the 2.2507 version that includes nest thermostat support.
    i have a vera edge but now i know my omv box can do the HA i will probably get a usb zwave stick and move it over...
    cheers

I would love to see this as well, I have a dell branded raid card which is actually LSI and I can also see the drives using megaraid drivers, but if I add the recommended to smartd.conf it gets removed

Code
    smartctl -a -d megaraid,4 /dev/sdb
    smartctl -a -d megaraid,5 /dev/sdb
    smartctl -a -d megaraid,6 /dev/sdb
    smartctl -a -d megaraid,7 /dev/sdb

i uninstalled it, i don't want to risk it again so i don't have a config.
    i watched it scrolling the files as it backed them up and then i went into a folder in my mail client and literally every mail was gone.
    and i seriously remember this happening before.. i won't risk it again, i copy backups from the mail server to OMV anyway so it was only installed as a "belt and braces" option, thanks

i reinstalled offline imap, created a new folder for it to save the mail, ran it and it deleted all the mail out of my imap folders!!! <X i have copied 3000 emails back into my mail folders.
    now, i remember this happening before and if i am correct (it was a longtime ago) it was after installing offline imap and running it.

i have mail backups from 3 days ago, as my backups have not been copying to my my OMV install as i have been reinstalling it all, so i haven't lost a lot of email

why would it do this :?:

can we get namecheap added ?

The following is the format of configuring ddclient.

use=web, web=dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com/getip
    protocol=namecheap
    server=dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com
    login=yourdomain.com
    password=your dynamic dns password
    yourhost

Here
    is the example of its usage. If you would like to setup dynamic dns for
    yourdomain.com (without www), then following is its configuration:

use=web, web=dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com/getip
    protocol=namecheap
    server=dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com
    login=yourdomain.com
    password=1b9aafgfgjh1865e024fabb629dbd1d9c462
    @

If you need to dynamically update a subdomain then you need to subsititute host as subdomain. To dynamically update the domain itself (yourdomain.com), you need to replace host with @.

makes (business) sense i suppose ..
    is there any benefit to install ZFS on OMV and creating and using a basic ZFS pool on top of the raid ?
    i am looking for the fastest transfer speeds possible, i currently have some issues i think are due to my installing of plugins before setting up a filesystem for stoarge so i will be reinstalling tonight.

i found a Dell PERC310, this does exactly what its supposed to... why on earth would HP cripple this server in so many ways.. i wish i had of stayed with my old N40L

i bit the bullet and purchased a 4th wd red 2tb, setup the built in raid controller as raid 1+0 created a new array, reinstalled OMV on the SSD without any drives installed so it was /dev/sda .. all good so far..booting up correctly, fast etc.
    I fully expected to see only 1 drive within OMV, but i don't, i see all 4 drives listed.
    If i create a filesystem it shows me all 4 drives individually, i assumed i would see just the drive presented by the array ??
    I even installed the HP HW Raid plugin thinking i may see something with that but alas No... it show "no controllers detected" how do i get tp what i would expect IE: seeing one large drive which is the array drive ?

Safari got updated on my mac recently to Version 8.0.6 (10600.6.3)
    since then i have this issue that if i change any config and the yellow box at the top of the browser appears

The configuration has been changed. You must apply the changes in order for them to take effect.
    i try to press Apply but the button is not selectable.
    i can press the revert button OK.

It works in Chrome

any ideas ?

hello everyone,
    My trusty old HP N40 has served me well but I have now purchased a shiny new Gen8
    I am looking for advice on how to move over to this new machine ?

I currently have 3 disk raid 5 (mdadm) all 2TB WD reds..and omv on SSD boot
    should I just move it lock stock and barrel to the new server as I have seen mentioned.. running omv-firstaid after the event and use software raid going forward
    Or
    should I utilize the inbuilt hardware raid controller (b120i) in a raid configuration (0,1,10) by backing up my data first then setting up the hardware raid (possibly buying a 4th WD red)...?
    If I do the hardware option, how would I re-setup OMV to point at the data as the mount points would obviously be different and I also have other stuff installed (including crashplan for backups etc)
    Or
    a 3rd option ??? that I haven't thought about (maybe a plugin that I saw on omv-extras that I forgot the name of

thanks

so i have been trying and failing to get this setup, it seems that the 5th odd port is only active in ahci mode, and not raid mode ?
    i cannot get the odd port connected disk to boot in raid mode, i can get it to boot in achi mode.

I get to the point that ESXi services start to load then I get a pink/purple crash screen, any ideas ? :cursing:
    I think I did see an error about no network cards being available at some point ?!?!

this only happens with ESXi v6, i downloaded, booted and installed 5.5 and its OK

fixed it

- When GRUB menu appears (press ESC to prevent it from trying to boot), select any line and press 'e' for Edit.-
    Then, select the line that has the kernel listed, and make the following changes:- replace 'ro' with 'rw' so you can read and write in the file-system- add 'init=/bin/bash' at the end of the line-
    Press Enter (so that the line is saved)
    and then i could edit /etc/network/interfaces and remove the IPV6 stuff.

i am watching the boot, including recovery boot and it stops at

Code
    run-parts: failed to exec /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/openvpn exec format error
    run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/openvpn exited with return code 1

and never completes boot, i don't think i did anything recently, maybe enable ipv6 by accident in the network interface but i turned if as it was mis-click

how can i repair this ?
    thanks

I bit the bullet and ordered my GEN8, I am trying to get ESXi v6 to install to the Micro SD card (Samsung 16gb) but finding it impossible, first I tried intelligent provisioning, that failed at the point I select the ISO and nothing happens after that, I tried network and usb.
    then I am trying to do an install from the unetbootin extracted files on a usb stick, I get to the point that ESXi services start to load then I get a pink/purple crash screen, any ideas ? :cursing:
    I think I did see an error about no network cards being available at some point ?!?!