Beiträge von SpaceCoyote

After losing my RAID 0 array, and in the process of building a new RAID 5 array, I have the old file system still listed in Storage > File Systems.

It shows:

Device: n/a
    Label: n/a
    File system: XFS
    Total: n/a
    Available: n/a
    Used: n/a
    Mounted: No
    Referenced: Yes

I've removed or disabled all the plugins that would have been referencing the array, stopped sharing over SMB, and NFS and stopped the processes. All the dashboard shows running is UPS, and SSH. But I cannot get the Referenced status to change, and delete is greyed out.

I'm hoping to re-use my OMV and just create the new array, but I would like to remove the missing file system. How do I do this please?

Edit: I've just reviewed my config.xml and even though it's disabled, the old file system appears to be referenced in mntentref, and path for one of the plugins that is still installed. If I wait for the new array to be initialised, change the path in the plugin, I assume I should be able to kill that last reference and remove the old file system.

I lost my RAID 0 array last night when 1 of the 3 drives failed. I have it backed up, albeit a little aged on a ReadyNAS.

I'm planning to start over with a new array on 4 x WD Red, and restore from my backup. With the new array, should I just go with RAID 0 again, or SW RAID 5?

I think what I'm asking is that if my old array had been on RAID 5, could I have replaced the faulty drive, rebuilt the array and all would have been good?

Hi,

I'm on OMV 1.17 at the moment and I've just checked for an upgrade. It tells me that OMV 1.18 and libcurl3-gnutls 7.26.0-1 is available.

If I try to upgrade from the GUI, I get the Installing Updates window and Reading package list... but nothing else happens.

It I run an apt-get update from the CLI it exits with the error:

SystemError: E:The value 'stable' is invalid for APT::Default-Release as such a release is not available in the sources
    Reading package lists... Done

I've run omv-firstaid and reset the NIC and cleared the local upload package repository.

Is this a package error, or something specific to my OMV?

I have stuck with 0.4.36 since it was available because it just worked, but since the last update I now get the following error when running the WebUI Update Manager:

A plugin check gives this error:

Code
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; sudo apt-cache search openmediavault-': ' in /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/plugin.inc:91
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: PluginRpc->getList(Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(265): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(98): OMVRpc::exec('Plugin', 'getList', Array)
    #3 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(44): OMVJsonRpcServer->handle()
    #4 {main}

Is this fixable or should I be reinstalling with the latest version?

I have installed the UPS plugin last week to monitor an APC UPS I have connected with USB.

The UPS is connected to OMV and in Services > UPS > Variables, I get

None of the graphs are working and I've noticed in the System Logs every 5 minutes I get this error:

/USR/SBIN/CRON[pid1]: (root) CMD (/usr/sbin/omv-mkgraph > /dev/null 2>&1)
    /USR/SBIN/CRON[pid2]: (CRON) error (grandchild #pid1 failed with exist status 1)

I can't see anything glaring in omv-mkgraph, it appears to refer correctly to the .rrd's I have, excluding 'temperature-battery.rrd'.

Code
    root@OMV:/var/lib/collectd/rrd/localhost/nut-ups# ls -al
    total 748
    drwxr-xr-x  2 root root   4096 Jul 19 10:57 .
    drwxr-xr-x 11 root root   4096 Jul 19 10:57 ..
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 148656 Jul 19 14:53 percent-charge.rrd
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 148656 Jul 19 14:53 percent-load.rrd
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 148656 Jul 19 14:54 timeleft-battery.rrd
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 148656 Jul 19 14:53 voltage-battery.rrd
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 148656 Jul 19 14:53 voltage-input.rrd

Manually running omv-mkgraph at the command line gives:

Code
    ERROR: No DS called 'percent' in '/var/lib/collectd/rrd/localhost/nut-ups/percent-charge.rrd'

Any thoughts on this one please?

Rather than start a new topic on what seems to be a similar problem, I thought I'd jump on this thread, hope that's okay.

I have installed the UPS plugin this morning to monitor an APC UPS I have connected with USB.

The UPS is connected to OMV and in Services > UPS > Variables, I get

None of the graphs are working and I've noticed in the System Logs every 5 minutes I get this error:

/USR/SBIN/CRON[pid1]: (root) CMD (/usr/sbin/omv-mkgraph > /dev/null 2>&1)
    /USR/SBIN/CRON[pid2]: (CRON) error (grandchild #pid1 failed with exist status 1)

I can't see anything glaring in omv-mkgraph, it appears to refer correctly to the .rrd's I have, excluding 'temperature-battery.rrd'.

Code
    root@OMV:/var/lib/collectd/rrd/localhost/nut-ups# ls -al
    total 748
    drwxr-xr-x  2 root root   4096 Jul 19 10:57 .
    drwxr-xr-x 11 root root   4096 Jul 19 10:57 ..
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 148656 Jul 19 14:53 percent-charge.rrd
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 148656 Jul 19 14:53 percent-load.rrd
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 148656 Jul 19 14:54 timeleft-battery.rrd
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 148656 Jul 19 14:53 voltage-battery.rrd
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 148656 Jul 19 14:53 voltage-input.rrd

I'm not sure what else to check here and any assistance would be great.