Beiträge von g_betiuk

The NAS responds to ping and the DNS setting is there. Correct me if I'm wrong but if it was to be fixed by hosts file, the NAS should be still reachable via \\(IP) (e.g. \\192.168.2.x).
    Also, I tried with both username/password and anonymous (guest) access settings (on 2.2.14 I used all guest access - it's a small home LAN)

Wysłane z mojego LG-K430 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hello to all of you,
    Yesterday I came across the info of OMV3 going officially out of beta so wanted to check if I could finally upgrade my box (Asrock Q1900ITX-DC, 4GB RAM, 2x2TB Barracuda Green and a 8GB Kingston DTSE for OS - FlashMemory plugin installed) currently running flawlessly on OMV 2.2.14 with a few services, mainly some CIFS shares, minidlna and BT (Transmission) plugin. I disconnected the hard drives, swapped the OS stick for a blank one and ran the install from another usb stick. With OMV installed, I put the box together again, updated the OS (with some issues: firmware adi and firmware ralink packages - a few forum posts helped me with these), set up CIFS (re-added shared folders and CIFS shares on them, permissions and so on) but then I hit the wall. The NAS box doesn't come up in Network section of Windows Explorer (Windows 10), I had no luck connecting to it using its name or ip in Explorer (\\name or \\ip) either. In the NAS webui CIFS seems to be working fine while I'm not able to connect to the shares at all (tried disabling the firewall/AV on my machine - no luck whatsoever). Anyone's got any ideas what I should check next?
    One more thing - if I now swap the OS sticks back again (that is, put in the one with 2.2.14), OMV starts fine and I can access the SMB shares from the same W10 machine, even in the same session (without reboot).