Beiträge von maximaxi

Thank you for answering the questions.
    This Nas i will not use only for Omv and nextcloud. I have 2 virtual machine inside, omv, nextcloud, plex (more to come) and is working great.
    I don't have many knowledge but i learn every day.
    I did this setup by myself, i can use this machine on another purpose if i want everytime.

This don' t compare with rock64pro that i have before.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

So, what's your plan now?
    Fix your existing setup, or build a new one?

New one:

This is the hardware i ordered :
    =========================================================================
    Intel Core i7-8700, Hexa Core, 3.20GHz, 12MB, LGA1151, 14nm, BOX
    Samsung SSD 970 PRO NVMe M.2 PCIe 1TB, 3500/2700MB/s, V-NAND (for boot)
    HDD Seagate Ironwolf PRO 10TB, 7200rpm, 256MB cache, SATA III 2 pcs (raid miror)
    SSD Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA3, 550/520MBs 4pcs (raid 5)
    ASRock Asro Z390M-ITX/AC Z390 Motherboard
    Memorie Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit
    Chasis Fractal Design Node 304 Black

Sursa Seasonic Focus+, 80+ Gold, 750W

===========================================================================
    If you have any suggestion on this setup and configuration please be free to write it down. I will put pictures here with the setup on each step.

Most probably that's the culprit. Your board being stuck in IO. You can check easily:

Code
    sudo apt install sysstat
    iostat 10

If Nextcloud users access the shares and responsiveness sucks and you get high %iowait percentage then you know slow OS drive storage is the culprit.

BTW: '100mb/sec' is a joke and any of the good SBC easily exceeds this.

avg-cpu: %user %nice %system %iowait %steal %idle
    42.93 0.00 6.49 7.84 0.00 42.73

================================================================================
    %iowait is going to 10 if i only want to see some pictures on nextcloud only with one user active.....

'100mb/sec' it is my internet speed up and download. it is not the SBC hdd speed. Maybe i have this because of cache memory?

Hello,
    sorry for my delay. my option (after calculation) is to make a new NAS .
    You have any suggestion for my setup? I will go with a I7 16 gb of ram 2 ssd.
    I already have two 10t disks on my exiting ROCK64pro .

Hello.
    I can use two machines for sure. The desktop computer is not a priority right now. The NAS is.
    What do you think avbout this server?
    It is a unused sever. I changed this with something new. This is retried.
    I can use this? The problem i have with this is power consumption and the noise.

I already have a rock64pro nas but is not working very good. When i have some big traffic or the nextcloud users connect the system is less responsive.
    I need this to be very fast. I have 100mb/sec bandwidth.
    Help me to choose the right hardware please.
    I don't know what ssd to use maybe you have a suggestion for me.

Hello.
    This is my project. Somebody can help me with the cache memory? Any suggestions for optimization?
    I use openmediavault, next cloud and next talk

Hy and thanks for you reply.
    The setup have two options
    1. I install Windows and have the openmediavault on a wmware machine with the sata drivers directly on it
    2. I install openmediavault and use the virtual box machine to install Windows.
    I only need to use this nas like a regular desktop to work (i need Windows). No need a very powerful machine for desktop use. Only office.

i resolved the problem . i did a firmware upgrade on PCIe SATA Marvell 88SE923 and the problem vanish after i deleted the pci=nomsi from the kernel boot parameters.
    The system is working fine now.

hello,
    I want to build a NAS very powerfull.

==========================
    2 x10T ironwolf
    2 xSSd( help me to choose)
    1 xM2 drive for boot
    1xCorsair CC-9011070-WW Carbide Series Air 240 Windowed Mini ATX/ITX High Airflow Cube Case for PC - Black
    1xIntel® Core i9-9900K 8X 3.6GHz Boxed
    1xASRock Asro Z390M-ITX/AC Z390
    32gb ram
    ===========================

I wan tot run a schedule backup every night from my server (1tera)
    next cloud (almost 12 users )
    talk cloud (same users)
    plex media center
    virtual box with 2 virtual machines on it

Please help me with this setup. I don't want to waste money on resources and have no benefit from it.
    The Nas will be used as regular desktop computer if i decide to put windows on a virtual machine.

Thanks

I try to make a NAS with rock64pro. (rockpro64 4.4.167-1163-rockchip-ayufan-g3d2c5b33817a) with openmediavault.
    If i use the latest version(stretch-openmediavault-rockpro64-0.8.0rc8-1116-arm64.img.xz) i can't see the hard drivers even i put the option below.
    I have a Marvell Pci-e c ard( PCIe SATA Marvell 88SE923 0 ) . https://www.amazon.de/gp/produ…tle_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I can't see any of the drivers if i dont do this trick : put pci=nomsi into the kernel boot parameters in /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf
    The nas is properly cooled using fan and head sink .
    I get this errors and system restart.....Please help me.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QueuwZPU Z7-2q8e4dGVIKR79yG7W3Rdr/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kS3H8reHWW7pAkzQLq6RHr9iow dtwnup/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FKOzlG4TMYWtkuMaXnX4yXViiMaSsuv1/view?usp =shari ng