Beiträge von Monchi

thanks for your reply. I think I found the problem

Code
    openmediavault-zfs                  2.1.0                                   amd64        OpenMediaVault plugin for ZFS

I tried to update the Plugin with "apt-get install openmediavault-zfs"
    But this gave me a bunch of errors (see below). Nevertheless the GUI is up and running again. Should I worry about thos erros?

Thanks for your help ryecoaaron but still wasnt able to complete the upgrade. I started over (OMV is running as a VM, a reverted to a clean snapshot).

Here is the protocol of the upgrade process:

1. I started with removing problematic components

• open-vm-tools (VMWare tools) including the dkms modules
    • custom ZFS repo

2. omv-release-upgrade which gave me the following errors:

3. reboot
    4. as suggested: apt-get install postfix bsd-mailx

• I chose no configuration during setup for postfix, is this correct?
    • the configuration of the openmediavault installer was triggered automatically and finished without errors

5. omv-initsystem terminated with an error:

Code
    ERROR: '/var/lib/rrdcached/db//localhost/df-zfs_root-fs_documents/df_complex-free.rrd' is not an RRD file
    run-parts: /usr/share/openmediavault/initsystem/99rrd exited with return code 1

The webui is back online but i can't login:

Any ideas?

thanks for your reply. But "-f install" gave me a bunch of errors:

ah ok got that wrong. Thanks for the hint. Now the upgrade starts but I got stuck at this point:

Is there a way to fix this manually ?

I'm talking about the zfs on linux packagerepository. I did the following

My plan was to deinstall the zfs plugin, upgrade omv and to reinstall the zfs plugin afterwards. But this didn't work either. Any suggestions?

Hi,

zfs on linux support for debian wheezy has been discontinued (http://list.zfsonlinux.org/pip…2016-December/026742.html). So I have to upgrade to OMV 3.x.

Because of the none existent zfs repository apt-get throws an error and omv-release-upgrade fails.
    Anyone knows how to performe the following steps:

1) clean deinstall of zfs plugin
    2) upgrade omv
    3) reinstall zfs plugin

I tryied to deinstall the plugin via web interfaces without success. I looks like there are some leftovers...

Thanks in advance!

Update:

Setting up the deamon was easier than expected. For everyone who is interested in this feature, here is a small howto:

1. If not already done setup postfix (easiest way is to use the OMV webgui System->Notifications). After entering all needed information hit the "Send Test mail" button to make sure you recieve email notifications from your box.

2. edit the ZFS Event Daemon (ZED) config file: nano /etc/zfs/zed.d/zed.rc

Bash
    nano /etc/zfs/zed.d/zed.rc

Actualy you only have to remove some comments and supply the recievers email address:

3. restart ZED

Code
    service zfs-zed restart

4. to test the daemon we will corrupt some data on the first partition of one of the drives which are part of the pool
    (CAUTION: create a test pool for this!! don't run this commands on your production pool!!!!)

if aren't able to create a test pool just skip this step. scrubbing of a healthy pool will still create a "scrub finished message"

Code
    dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/<select a disc of your pool>1 bs=1024 count=200480

5. scrub the pool

Code
    zpool scrub <your pool name>

6. check the status of the pool by running

Code
    zpool status

Now you should have two new mails with status updates in your inbox ;)

Hi,

i just reinstalled my system. After installation of updates and the backport kernel I want to install the zfs plugin.

In omv-extras the zfs-repo isn't listed anymore:

Is the zfs plugin discontinued? ?(

Hi all,

I've delete one of my ZFSs pools. Now OMV trys to mount this non existing pool everytime I try to apply changes to my zfs configuration (via WebUi).

I get the following error message:

The deletion of the pool created some left overs. Can anyone point me to the configuration file where I can fix this problem manually?

Best regards
    Monchi

ok samba backports ships with four init scripts but the default samba starts the other three as clearly states in it content.
    what you did will leave you with no netbios daemon, the Windows announce thing.
    You can try and revert what you did and add the runlevels manually to init.d/samba

I've added the following informations to the /etc/init.d/samba script:

Code
    # Required-Start:    $network $local_fs $remote_fs
    # Required-Stop:     $network $local_fs $remote_fs
    # Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
    # Default-Stop:      0 1 6

after that the error is gone. Thank you very much!

in /etc/init.d/ there is second script which seems to start the samba service. It's called smbd:

My guess it that the samba script is a leftover from the old version und the smbd is the current version.

Samba version installed:

Code
    Samba version 4.1.17-Debian

EDIT: a quick an dirty fix is to copy the content from smbd to samba file but i would prefere a clean solution. any ideas?

Hi ryecoaaron,

thanks for the reply but this still doesn't fix the problem.

Executing update-rc.d samba enable throws the same error:

Code
    update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
    update-rc.d: error: samba Default-Start contains no runlevels, aborting.

This is the current start script:

Hi,

ich upgrade from OMV 1.X to OMV 2.X.

After that I cant change any options in the smb/cifs configuration. When i try to apply the changes I get the following error:

I think there is something wrong with the startup script. Anyone got an idea how to fix this? If you need any futher log files please let me know.

Regards Monchi!