Beiträge von FireStriker

I havent installed Shel-in-a-box yet but i know how to SSH into the server so i haven't worried about it yet. i have since removed the Monitor from the computer.

The CPU is the same socket so no motherboards will be upgraded but i should look into a cheap mobo as this only has 2 sata ports

I was thinking of using Kodi but i found out it wouldn't work on the 2 roku boxes i have around the house.

Currently only have the 2 drives, A 1TB WD Green and a 500GB WD Green, thats more then enought for me atm cuase i dont even know what im going to store on it atm but i do want to get a external drive to back up onto.

Hello

First I apologize if this post is a bit all over the place, i am writing this at 1 in the morning and im too tired/lazy to make sure it all makes sense, this post will just be full of my questions about OMV and what i have done so far.
    I have just installed OMV to my old desktop computer and im wondering what i can do with it and where i can learn how to use it.

My goals with this server is:
    Basic NAS (CHeck but i cant seam to access it on my Win10 machine without first SSHing into the server)
    Media Server (Plex Server Checked)
    Minecraft and other game servers
    A home server to mess around with

I have messed around with linux in the past but not much and this is my first time running a headless os dont quite know what i can and cant do.

Can i access and run stuff on debin bypassing OMV?

How do VM's work on OMV?

I have a new CPU and more RAM on the way, will i have to do anything before or after i install them?

Watched a few videos on dockers but would like to know how to set them up when there are no instructions for OMV

Thanks