Beiträge von seh2000

Yes, I found out, but I do not know why the OMV could not reach.
    I changed the DNS before I read your reply - sorry - and after I changed then it worked? I will for now leave the two new DNS IPs I added
    The ping is by the way: 64 bytes from XXX.XXX.X.XXX: icmp_req=2 ttl=64 time=0.337 ms

Thanks for your inputs! :D

PMS is now again up and running...

Cheers Steen

Hi tekkbebe,

I keep getting the error message, properly the best way forward for me is to do a "manual" update via command line?

So I did:
    apt-get update

and I received the below:

Ign file: Release.gpg
    Ign file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives/ Translation-en
    Ign file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives/ Translation-en_US
    Ign file: Release
    Err http://ftp.us.debian.org squeeze Release.gpg
    Something wicked happened resolving 'ftp.us.debian.org:http' (-5 - No address associated with hostname)
    Err http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates Release.gpg
    Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-5 - No address associated with hostname)
    Err http://shell.ninthgate.se squeeze Release.gpg
    Something wicked happened resolving 'shell.ninthgate.se:http' (-5 - No address associated with hostname)
    Err http://packages.openmediavault.org sardaukar Release.gpg
    Something wicked happened resolving 'packages.openmediavault.org:http' (-5 - No address associated with hostname)
    Err http://shell.ninthgate.se/packages/debian/ squeeze/main Translation-en

Then I did:

sudo apt-get update

and I got this:

E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
    E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/

Must say that now I am in over my head...

Cheers Steen

Hi,

I post this under Plugins even that PMS is not a plugin - yet, but I hope OK to do so.

Today when checking via update manager a update to PMS was available the version 0.9.8.6.175-88ffbb2 which I installed upon completion I got a very long error message last part of the message shown below. I have the full error message in a text file if needed.

To me it looks like some kind of communication error, but I am not sure. If then what todo e.g. try the commands:

Code
    apt-get remove plexmediaserver (not sure on this one)
    apt-get update
    apt-get install plexmediaserver 
    /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start

I ask here first as I do not want to mess up anything...

Cheers Steen

Hi,

I post my issue here as my issue is related to this post, just I hope this post is monitored.

Today in OMV 0.5.6 I found there was an update for the Plex Media Server, when I checked via the update manager.
    I did the update and it appeared to be successful, but the PMS was never re-started despite after the installation process was completed and the status was indicated to "start = done" in the installation pop-up window then the PMS is not started.

When I give the following commands; their responses are:
    /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver status = It seems that Plex Media Server isn't running (no process found)
    /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver stop = Plex Media Server is not running (no process found)...
    /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start = Starting Plex Media Server: done (but the PMS is not started as the status command given after gives the same response as above), the "restart" command results in the same response as for the "start" command.

I do not see any info from the web gui logs...

Appreciate feedbacks as up to today the PMS worked super under OMV 0.5.x, my setup/installation is as per instructions in post by tekkbebe.

Cheers Steen

Hi hms!

Thanks fir your reply.

My bad as I did not know what mdadm did/is as I am new to OMV, and I do not have use/RAID yet (my build is still in its testing phase = need more cash for additional a hard drives), so that explains the message. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Today after another 24 hour period I got no notification(s), so still I keep wondering how often one should receive notifications.

Cheers Steen

Hi,

I decided to ask as I could not find the answer with a search or perhaps I overlooked!

The question is how often will the OMV generate an email notification and what the content of the notifications?

Over a 48 hours period I received two email notifications, I assumed more and also some kind of daily summary, but perhaps I am wrong?
    As I am getting two notifications the setup appears to be correct - or?
    My notifications settings are:

Filesystems [selected]
    CPU Load [selected]
    Load Average [selected]
    Memory Usage [selected]
    Process Monitoring [selected]

The two notifications I got was from {Anacron job 'cron.daily'} and {CRON-APT completed on openmediavault} and the content were:

/etc/cron.daily/mdadm:
    mdadm: No mail address or alert command - not monitoring.
    run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/mdadm exited with return code 1

Where do I add the email address and/or alert command to MDADM?

CRON-APT RUN [/etc/cron-apt/config]: Thu Aug 29 04:00:02 VET 2013
    CRON-APT SLEEP: 3039, Thu Aug 29 04:50:41 VET 2013
    CRON-APT ACTION: 3-download

Cheers and thanks in advance!

Steen

Hello,

Not sure if topic goes here under "Plugins" or if it should be under "Updates" but forgive me if posted in wrong place.

I installed successfully OMV 0.5 (0.5.0.24) on fresh hard drive with no previous OMV version.

Got plex up and running.
    Got UPS (NUT) plugin installed and running.

Now 24 hours later I see 1000s of messages related to the NUT plugin, despite the plugin appear to be running fine (under services 'UPS' I can see the load, charge voltage information).

The messages I am getting are the same and is repeated each four minutes:

Aug 27 07:20:15 openmediavault usbhid-ups[21732]: libusb_get_interrupt: error submitting URB: Device or resource busy
    Aug 27 07:20:15 openmediavault usbhid-ups[21732]: libusb_get_report: error sending control message: Device or resource busy
    Aug 27 07:20:15 openmediavault usbhid-ups[21732]: Got disconnected by another driver: Device or resource busy
    Aug 27 07:20:15 openmediavault kernel: [37258.884808] usb 5-2: usbfs: process 21732 (usbhid-ups) did not claim interface 0 before use
    Aug 27 07:20:15 openmediavault kernel: [37258.884902] usb 5-2: usbfs: process 21732 (usbhid-ups) did not claim interface 0 before use
    Aug 27 07:20:19 openmediavault usbhid-ups[18374]: libusb_get_interrupt: error submitting URB: Device or resource busy
    Aug 27 07:20:19 openmediavault usbhid-ups[18374]: libusb_get_report: error sending control message: Device or resource busy
    Aug 27 07:20:19 openmediavault usbhid-ups[18374]: Got disconnected by another driver: Device or resource busy
    Aug 27 07:20:19 openmediavault kernel: [37262.693414] usb 5-2: usbfs: process 18374 (usbhid-ups) did not claim interface 0 before use
    Aug 27 07:20:19 openmediavault kernel: [37262.693513] usb 5-2: usbfs: process 18374 (usbhid-ups) did not claim interface 0 before use
    Aug 27 07:20:21 openmediavault usbhid-ups[21732]: libusb_get_interrupt: could not claim interface 0: Device or resource busy
    Aug 27 07:20:21 openmediavault usbhid-ups[21732]: libusb_get_report: error sending control message: Device or resource busy
    Aug 27 07:20:21 openmediavault usbhid-ups[21732]: Got disconnected by another driver: Device or resource busy
    Aug 27 07:20:21 openmediavault kernel: [37264.931444] usb 5-2: usbfs: process 21732 (usbhid-ups) did not claim interface 0 before use
    Aug 27 07:20:25 openmediavault usbhid-ups[18374]: libusb_get_interrupt: error submitting URB: Device or resource busy
    Aug 27 07:20:25 openmediavault usbhid-ups[18374]: libusb_get_report: error sending control message: Device or resource busy
    Aug 27 07:20:25 openmediavault usbhid-ups[18374]: Got disconnected by another driver: Device or resource busy
    Aug 27 07:20:25 openmediavault kernel: [37268.699090] usb 5-2: usbfs: process 18374 (usbhid-ups) did not claim interface 0 before use
    Aug 27 07:20:25 openmediavault kernel: [37268.699189] usb 5-2: usbfs: process 18374 (usbhid-ups) did not claim interface 0 before use

Ideas/suggestions?

Cheers Steen

Hi,

Just to let you know (assume this is appropriate) that I have just upgraded to version 0.5.0.24 without any issues and I am running the plex media server as well without any issues. :D

Thanks to the developers for a darn good job!

Cheers Steen

Hi tekkbebe,

It happened twice, the first time I was not aware of what could be the reason, so I re-installed OMV :o( then when it happened a gain I started to search this forum.

Yes, the x.x.x.100 is my router...

For hardware failures mentioned, I think not - its a new motherboard just before for standalone FW and then to test Windows 8. Before OMV I had FreeNAS, NAS4Free installed for a week, before I started to test OMV as I found OMV better for my purpose.

BR// Steen