Beiträge von willowen100

Hi

I have ROCK64 single-board PC made by Pine64. My system information is as follows:-

System Information

Code
    Version 4.1.23-1 (Arrakis)
    Processor ARMv8 Processor rev 4 (v8l)
    Kernel Linux 4.4.190-1233-rockchip-ayufan-gd3f1be0ed310
    Load average 0.01, 0.11, 0.14

Running services

SMB/CIFS

SSH

I get really good transfer speeds of 96MB/s so nothing is slow. I notice a lock-up when I'm transferring files via SMB and the progress bar will stop halfway through and trying to access the Web-GUI is unavailable too, but it is completely random when this occurs.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Hi
    I'm not sure if this has been asked before or whether anyone has thought about doing it, but I would like to set a sub-domain for accessing the WebGUI of OMV. To explain further, I'm setting up Nextcloud inside a Docker container and I would like to keep the default port 80, however, this clashes with OMV's WebGUI also running on that very same port. To be able to run OMV and Nextcloud's web interfaces together, in theory I should be able to run them each on their own sub-domain. For example
    cloud.openmediavault.lan > Nextcloud's Web interface
    admin.openmediavault.lan > OMV's WebGUI
    I know that OMV runs off a NGINX server and it's config file is found at /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/openmediavault-webgui (symbolic link to /etc/nginx/sites-avaliable). Here's the contents of openmediavault-webgui

server {
    server_name openmediavault-webgui;
    root /var/www/openmediavault;
    index index.php;
    autoindex off;
    server_tokens off;
    sendfile on;
    large_client_header_buffers 4 32k;
    client_max_body_size 25M;
    error_log /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log error;
    access_log /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_access.log combined;
    error_page 404 = /404.php;
    location /404.html {
    internal;
    }
    location /extjs6/ {
    alias /usr/share/javascript/extjs6/;
    expires 2d;
    }
    location ~ ^/(css|fonts|js|images)/ {
    expires 2d;
    }
    location /favicon {
    expires 14d;
    }
    location ~ \.php$ {
    try_files $uri =404;
    fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.+)$;
    fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock;
    fastcgi_index index.php;
    fastcgi_read_timeout 60s;
    include fastcgi.conf;
    fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
    }
    listen 8080;
    include /etc/nginx/openmediavault-webgui.d/*.conf;
    }

I changed line 1 to > server_name admin.openmediavault.lan;

added 127.0.0.1 admin.openmediavault.lan to the /etc/hosts file

and finally rebooted OMV. I could still access OMV via its IP address but the new domain name didn't work. I get a couldn't resolve domain error.

Is there as easy way of doing this or something I'm missing? I don't mind tweaking with the backend of the OS and using a CLI if needed.

Maybe as a suggestion for future builds could we get more options added to the General Settings > Web Administration page such as setting sub-domains so that this can be done via GUI.

Many thanks in advance.

Will

Hi

I'm not sure if this has been asked before or whether anyone has thought about doing it, but I would like to set a sub-domain for accessing the WebGUI of OMV. To explain further, I'm setting up Nextcloud inside a Docker container and I would like to keep the default port 80, however, this clashes with OMV's WebGUI also running on that very same port. To be able to run OMV and Nextcloud's web interfaces together, in theory I should be able to run them each on their own sub-domain. For example
    cloud.openmediavault.lan > Nextcloud's Web interface
    admin.openmediavault.lan > OMV's WebGUI
    I know that OMV runs off a NGINX server and it's config file is found at /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/openmediavault-webgui (symbolic link to /etc/nginx/sites-avaliable). Here's the contents of openmediavault-webgui

I changed line 1 to > server_name admin.openmediavault.lan;

added 127.0.0.1 admin.openmediavault.lan to the /etc/hosts file

and finally rebooted OMV. I could still access OMV via its IP address but the new domain name didn't work. I get a couldn't resolve domain error.

Is there as easy way of doing this or something I'm missing? I don't mind tweaking with the backend of the OS and using a CLI if needed.

Maybe as a suggestion for future builds could we get more options added to the General Settings > Web Administration page such as setting sub-domains so that this can be done via GUI.

Many thanks in advance.

Will

Hi

Sorry to jump on a old thread.

Is there a way to set the port when the container is host mode so that Nextcloud that uses port 80 by default, doesn't clash with OMV's web GUI running on the same port? From what I understand using host mode exposes itself through the host computer.

The other alternative I've read is to run the container in bridge mode and bind MySQL to all IP addresses using 0.0.0.0. Using bridge mode will allow me to use port 80 by default for Nextcloud and map it to an external port like 8888. The parameter for docker would look something like this

Code
    -p 8888:80

Which one would you suggest?

So you reckon installing Docker and NGINX from OMV's extra's and then configuring MySQL, PHPMyAdmin and Nextcloud through Docker containers?

One of the problems I have is when running

Code
    docker pull mysql/mysql-server

I receive this message

Code
    Using default tag: latest
    latest: Pulling from mysql/mysql-server
    no matching manifest for unknown in the manifest list entries

I don't what you mean by "all privileges" but typically what you are doing is done by root or using sudo on the system. You can't sudo via sftp and sftp is a terrible way to edit configuration files on a Linux system especially config files in /etc/.

What's the best GUI way of editing the files? I can quite happily use nano to edit the files in SSH session but I'm trying to make a noob friendly guide for people that want a simple way of doing it.

This is a very good reason to run phpmyadmin in docker.

I couldn't get PHPMyAdmin working before. I was using a ARM64 version and for some reason the CPU was 'unknown' to the system, whereas I an now running ARMHF so may I try again.

Hi

I'm trying to edit some files specifically for NGINX as I'm setting up PHPMyAdmin on a different port so that it doesn't clash with the web-gui of OMV. I need root privileges so I've created a user and set all privileges to it. I can access the root directory perfectly fine and download files to my desktop. However, I believe I'm only accessing this as read-only because I can not overwrite the files on the server when I'm uploading the amended files.

Any idea how I can gain full privileges to user and/or group?

Many thanks

Will

Thank you very much for your reply.

To cut a long story short PHPMyAdmin doesn't run through docker on my ARM64 chip. However, using

Code
    apt-get install mysql-server
    apt-get install phpmyadmin
    apt-get install nginx

I have successfully setup PHPMyAdmin to gain access to my MySQL DB using NGINX as a web server. However, I now entirely unsure how to connect Docker's Nextcloud image to the other three.

I have been watching this video

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

However, as I would like to make a guide on all of this I'm trying to setup through the Docker GUI in OMV.

Hi

When deleting files/folders on a SMB share accessed as a guest/anonymous user they go into a sub folder named after the user of the client device accessing the SMB share. It's actually quite a neat feature, but if were to keep it enabled I would like the folders to be named after the computer name or IP address. What would be even better is if it could retrieve the name linked to an IP address set on a DHCP address reservation table like on my OpenWrt router where I can set manual names for each device.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Will

I've found this guide which fits the bill
    https://tecadmin.net/tutorial/…ocker-networking-example/

Here are the commands I have been running from SSH

However, when running PHPMyAdmin its status is showing Exited (1) using lines 20 or 22. Any reason why PHPMyAdmin is failing to run?

As you already mentioned phpMyAdmin is just a frontend. You either need MySQL or MariaDB as database management system.

The problem I'm having is setting them all up so they communicate with one another. Through Docker I can install Nextcloud, MySQL and PHPMyAdmin. When you click on the 'run' button it's the settings on this popup window I need to configure.

Thanks for the reply.

I had a look through his videos on YouTube before posting on here and did watch the Nextcloud video.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

However, he uses MariaDB whereas I would like to use PHPMyAdmin as a front-end for MySQL.

I also watched this video but I'm having difficulty setting up NGINX with PHPMyAdmin. This video covers OMV 3 on a Raspberry Pi 3 so none of the commands from 13 minutes in apply to my Rock64 running OMV 4.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be

Many thanks

Will

Hi

I'm new to the forums and I've recently bought a Rock64 from Pine64 and have successfully installed OMV onto a 64GB Micro SD Card.

To cut a long story short I want to install a MySQL DB with PHPMyAdmin as the front-end GUI and then setup Nextcloud.

So far I have installed the latest following Docker images:-
    MySQL - https://hub.docker.com/r/mysql/mysql-server
    PHPMyAdmin - https://hub.docker.com/r/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin

These are the ports I would like to utilise:-
    OMV - 80 (default)
    PHPMyAdmin - 8080
    Nextcloud - 8888

Ideally I would like to setup this up in the OMV GUI as much as possible, however if commands are required I happy to use them via SSH. I have a website and I'm a YouTube content creator so If I can set this up well I will be making a guide and sharing for others to follow.

Many thanks

Will