Beiträge von Ubergeeksov

Hi Benhamin,

I have exactly the same problem. I thought that it might be something I was overlooking until I saw your post. Everything was working fine on OMV6. I am now running OMV7 on a RPi5 and cannot see my shares on my network on my Mac (not checked on a Windows PC yet, but will do). Everything else appears to be working fine though.

If you find a solution let me know and I'll do likewise.

Hi thanks-

Those are the instructions that I follow, but for some reason the install of OMV "disables" SSH until it is enabled again within user through the GUI.

Unfortunately, I now have a problem with omv-regen (which has now happened twice).

I was able to run omv-regen regeneration and everything appeared to be going to plan, but it then hangs. I can then no longer access OMV, either through the GUI or SSH, even after restarting the RPi.

The last few lines before hanging are:

Phase No.7 completed.

Regenerating node /config/system/network/dns of the database

Formatting database

Reading the value of /config/system/network/dns in original database...

Reading the value of /config/system/network/dns in actual database...

Regenerating /config/system/network/dns...

Creating temporary database...

Deleting current /config/system/network/dns node...

Copying original dns tag...

Moving dns to /config/system/network...

/config/system/network/dns node regenerated in the database.

Applying configuration changes to salt modules...

Configuring salt avahi...

[ERROR ] Command '/usr/bin/systemd-run' failed with return code: 1

[ERROR ] stderr: Running scope as unit: run-rb110d99938914b1090dc7a4e09229144.scope

Job for avahi-daemon.service failed because the control process exited with error code.

See "systemctl status avahi-daemon.service" and "journalctl -xeu avahi-daemon.service" for details.

[ERROR ] retcode: 1

[ERROR ] Job for avahi-daemon.service failed because the control process exited with error code.

See "systemctl status avahi-daemon.service" and "journalctl -xeu avahi-daemon.service" for details.

Salt module avahi configured.

Configuring salt hostname...

Salt module hostname configured.

Configuring salt hosts...

Salt module hosts configured.

Configuring salt postfix...

Salt module postfix configured.

Configuring salt samba...

Salt module samba configured.

Configuring salt systemd-networkd...

Hi,

Just to let you know (in case anyone else has a similar problem) - I did log into the GUI (using the default username and password for OMV). I then added .ssh service to my user, saved that and applied the change.

I was then able to ssh into OMV through Terminal (using the credentials I set up when I installed the RPi OS) and was able to proceed from there with omv-regen.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I've run into a problem, which I hope you can help with.

I followed the instructions, except for doing some tinkering to the new install of OMV through the GUI. When I tried to use omv-regen it blocked it, because it was no longer a clean install of OMV7.

I have therefore now completed a new clean install. I am not going anywhere near the GUI. However, I cannot access it through SSH, as I don't know the user and password. The one I configured for raspbian no longer works. I've tried various combinations, all without success.

I know I could go into OMV GUI and add .ssh to my user, but I don't want to go into the GUI, in case I then have the same problem of it not being a clean install.

How do I get past this?

Thanks.

Hi,

I am about to migrate my OMV6 install from a Raspberry Pi 4 to Raspberry Pi 5. Is it as simple as moving the SD card and all the connected USB devices?

I have read that someone successfully did this migrating from Raspberry Pi 4 to Raspberry Pi 400.

TIA

Hi,

Last week I tried to update OMV from within the GUI. Unlike previous occasions it did not succeed. There were 13 updates. Since then I've not been able to update from the GUI (I get an Error 500 message) and none of my containers appear to be functioning.

I've tried updating from within Terminal, with the following outcome. It then "hangs" - nothing beyond "Setting up Salt environment..."

I was wondering if there was a way to "purge" incomplete updates, and whether this would even solve the problem.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get update

Get:1 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives InRelease

Ign:1 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives InRelease

Get:2 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Release

Ign:2 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Release

Get:3 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages

Ign:3 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages

Get:4 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Translation-en

Ign:4 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Translation-en

Hit:5 http://packages.openmediavault.org/public shaitan InRelease

Hit:6 http://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security InRelease

Hit:7 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye InRelease

Hit:8 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian bullseye InRelease

Hit:9 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-updates InRelease

Hit:10 https://openmediavault-plugin-…github.io/packages/debian shaitan InRelease

Hit:11 https://openmediavault.github.io/packages shaitan InRelease

Hit:12 https://download.docker.com/linux/debian bullseye InRelease

Reading package lists... Done

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get upgrade

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo dpkg --configure -a

Setting up openmediavault (6.4.4-1) ...

Creating configuration database ...

Migrating configuration database ...

Setting up Salt environment ...

I had exactly the same problem with NZBGet on OMV5, which started about 2 months ago (c. January 2021).

Since then I have done a complete re-install from scratch, but not OMV5 - Ubuntu 18.04. I have installed all the containers using dockstarter.

And I still get exactly the same problem - NZBGet appears fine, until you attempt to pull something via radarr or Sonarr. Then get this error message in that application and if you try to log into NZBGet it reports that a connection cannot be established.

Have found that the problem can be cleared by deleting the NZBGet queue directory, but only until you attempt to pull another how/movie.

Unable to find any solution. Any help appreciated.

Hi,

Apologies if I am being a bit thick.

I am running OMV4.x on an Odroid XU4. Since set up I have enabled backups to an external drive using the system backup feature (method dd).

I now wish to restore the backup, but cannot workout how.

I cannot see anything within the dashboard GUI. Does it have to be done through terminal?

Any help (or a pointer to a guide) would be gratefully received.

Hi All,

I have OMV4 set up with dockers and Radarr, Sonarr and Nzbget, essentially as per Techno Dad's guides.

Initially (for the first day or so) everything worked fine.

However, since then I've had a problem with media management. The majority of my movies are not being renamed or moved to my media folder. They are just left in their original file name in the downloads/completed folder. I have Rename Movies enabled in Radarr. I say "majority" because a few of the movies are dealt with correctly.

I have a similar problem with tv shows. Initially everything was fine, but since then none of the tv shows have been renamed or moved.

Has anyone any idea what might be causing this? I'm particularly confused by the fact that it was working okay initially and occasionally it still does.

Happy to post screenshots of settings and/or logs if anyone wishes to see them.

TIA