Beiträge von AIC2000

Hi Guys

Any idea why my freshly installed forked-daapd plugin is showing all files indexed in the share as opposed to just MP3 files?

I've tried un-commenting the below in the config however don't know what the correct label is for #Formats: ....

Code
    # Formats: mp4a, mp4v, mpeg, alac, flac, mpc, ogg, wma, wmal, wmav, aif$

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hello

Would we actually expect this to do anything though? I mean I get great speeds over FTP..

Is 117MBps fast for a gigabit switch?

Just dont want to keep making random stabs in the dark in case it has adverse effects.

Thanks in advance

45MB/s read
    15MB/s write

An improvement considering, however couldn't I improve on this further on the basis FTP is reaching over 100MB/s?

Thanks for all your help :)

Thanks for the advice but like David said if another VM on the same box works better it has to be something else?

My CPU maybe due to me having a RAID5 array?

Thanks again

Hi Dave

Maybe it is due to the low 1.5Ghz CPU?

My HDDs are a bit of a mix and match unfortunately:

1x ST1500DL003 1.5TB 5900 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
    1x Samsung HD103SI 1TB 5400rpm SATA 3.5"
    1x Samsung F3 HD103SJ 1TB internal Hard Drive SATAII 32MB Cache 7200RPM

Thanks again

Hi David

Just run this now, here are the results:

Is that what you would expect?

Thanks again for all your help.

Thanks for your advice. When I want to set up 100 users for example, would I then manually have to do this for each user?

Also, if I want a /Documents/ and /Profiles/ variant in a similar format, that would already be 200 shared folders.

Obviously if this isn't support it would be a shame, but I can't see why permissions on a directory level with the EXT4 filesystem.

Thanks again

Hello

I would like to make a shared folder within OMV with full read/write access on the SMB share; however modify each individual folder within that more specific read/write access on the filesystem.

An example is that I have a share called Documents, and each directory within that is the home directories. \\server\Documets\User1, \\server\Documets\User2, \\server\Documets\User3 etc and would like to make each User folder have a different owner, and deny access to browsing the /Documents directory and only view their own \User1,\User2,\User3 folder.

Unfortunately, whenever I attempt to modify the ACL on each folder from within Windows, I get error messages such as 'failed to enumerate objects in the container' or 'parameter incorrect'. I can set owners from within Windows perfectly fine...

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi guys

Sorry for the late reply, my Windows server VM transfers SMB data at 50mb/s and that's on the same ESXi install as OMV so I'm not sure if this is a networking issue, but results below:

Thanks in advance for the help. :)

True, I was getting a similar speed with FreeNAS (a little better though), and that was justified due to the ZFS filesystem which works rubbish in a 4GB VM on the N40L! My backed up data was on a 6 month old 1.5TB HDD that yesterday morning it started suffering SMART errors so I had to get all my data off it ASAP!

I will let you know the results of the command when it's finished copying my data :)