Beiträge von bluskye

Hello,
    running apt-get update, I get the followin error. Any clue whats going on? It suddenly appeared.

/etc/apt/sources.list.d

the users home directory are /home. Root home is in /root. I successfully created users a while before. I think there's a bug in recent OMV builds. I do not use shared folders for home directories.

I had the same problem last night, latest version of OMV on BOTH my OMV installations.

Creating a new user in WebGUI fails to create user's home directory. Very frustrating. Created user via commandline, and user's home directory was created successfully.

Still got issues, no idea why.

dpkg -i openmediavault_0.5.17_all.deb
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault_0.5.17_all.deb (--install):
    subprocess dpkg-split killed by signal (Segmentation fault)
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault_0.5.17_all.deb

/var/cache/apt/archives/openmediavault_0.5.17_all.deb did not exist to be removed

The following does not have effect

apt-get clean
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Can anyone help. Openmediavault's Webui isnt showing up. Trying to re-install because I think the update went bad. I get this error below. Can anyone help?

dpkg --configure -a
    apt-get clean
    apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 1,009 kB of archives.
    After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
    Get:1 http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/ sardaukar/main openmediavault all 0.5.17 [1,009 kB]
    Fetched 1,009 kB in 2s (440 kB/s)
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/openmediavault_0.5.17_all.deb (--unpack):
    subprocess dpkg-split killed by signal (Bus error)
    configured to not write apport reports
    /var/cache/apt/archives/openmediavault_0.5.17_all.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I had issues with transmission plugin after 0.4.19 update. I had to force uninstall transmission-daemon and openmediavault-transmissionbt by commenting out some lines in the pre-removal scripts to avoid stopping the transmission daemon.

When I try to aptget install openmediavault-transmissionbt I get the following error.

Add debian-transmission user to group: users
    Write Config
    Updating init script links and actions
    Stopping transmission-daemon
    quot: Usage: quot [-acfugvViTq] [filesystem...]
    invoke-rc.d: initscript transmission-daemon, action "stop" failed.
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault-transmissionbt (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    configured to not write apport reports
    openmediavault-transmissionbt

Any suggestions on how to get this working again?

Zitat von "thefunkygibbon"

I'm getting the same issues with Transmission as someone else on this thread. I cannot actually save the settings in the webgui on the folder page. I change the download folder and click save and it doesnt do anything. I go to a diff page "peer" for example and save works fine. but it doesnt save what was in the files and locations page.

as such i cannot seem to download more than about 1mb of torrent before it stops and will not start again due to some permissions issues.

please help. I've removed transmission and reinstalled a number of times now.

You need to select a folder for Incomplete and Watch, even if you do not enable them. Its annoying ...

Hello,
    I am using the CUPS plugin on 0.4x. I enabled Airprint functionality, but my devices running iOS6.x do not see the printer. My iMAC does see the Airprint service though. Has anyone run into this problem?

I do not have issues with iSCSI with Win7. I initially copied about 300GB of WMC DVR content to the target. I use the iSCSI target on OMV as the drive to record tv as well as use it as the live tv buffer using my HDHomerun Prime cable card tuner. Its been running fabulously.

Zitat von "Marcel.Beck"

Just create bug/feature request/issue on github, and do not complain about it here.

Funny thing you mention that. You know how I found out the solution to this? It was a BUG already filed. It was closed without resolution as a UI DECISION.